WV Lupo. W Reg Door Lock jammed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The driver side door lock on my daughter's W reg VW Lupo has failed. Internal mechanism jammed in door locked position.

How is the trim panel removed to gain access to determine the cause of the jam

Lock barrel rotates freely clockwise but turns only quarter turn anti-clockwise.

Neither external nor internal handle release door lock but they do move thier normal movement

Button does not move full distance. Pulling button up does not allow handle to open door.

(( Have now opened door by pulling knob and operating both handles at the sme time ))

Any help appreciated

Bernard
Sharnbrook

Sponsored Links
Hi Bernard, my daughter has a 2001 Lupo and is experiencing probs with central locking, electrical issue which has happened on quite a few of these cars, the locks also need a periodic dose of WD40 to keep them moving because she complains the key is hard to turn sometimes. You can get plenty of good advice from here also ;)
www.clublupo.co.uk

millerman said:
Hi Bernard, my daughter has a 2001 Lupo and is experiencing probs with central locking, electrical issue which has happened on quite a few of these cars, the locks also need a periodic dose of WD40 to keep them moving because she complains the key is hard to turn sometimes. You can get plenty of good advice from here also ;)
www.clublupo.co.uk

The Club Lupo is a valuable source if information.

The fault with my daughter's car lock was the internal part that connects the barrel of the lock to the shaft and provides the anchor for the return spring had broken into 3 bits. Had it just cracked into two it could have continued working but would have made the lock stiff and occasionally jam. I bought a new lock and switched the barrels so the original key works in the new lock.

Sponsored Links
Good luck to ya fella, another prob to look out for is the clutch pedal/arm snapping at the pedal box, i just fixed my girls!!

Back