xtrafast 120 ignition faults - can be reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I get a xtrafast 120 ignition fault every few days or so. There is no fault code just the ignition symbol. This occurs for CH and DHW.

I can clear the fault using the following method:-

1) Turn on hot water tap or central heating
2) Turn off boiler
3) Turn on boiler and wait 10 secs. Boiler doesn't ignite and faults again.
4) Turn off boiler
5) Turn on boiler. Boiler then ignites after a few seconds, and I have hot water or central heating.

The above procedure works every time. Note that when the boiler doesn't ignite it doesn't actually spark - there may be gas flow - but there is definitely no igniting spark.

Also its worth noting that when Hot Water and Central Heating are both on then the fault happens more frequently. Normally its every 2 to 7 days.

Recent work I have carried out:-

1. Drain of system and new TRV's on most radiators.
2. New thermistors on CH and DHW circuits.

I'm keen to get the boiler serviced as it may be the gas side, but I would like to know whats likely to cause the above problem so that I know what sort of costs may arise.

Thanks, in advance.

Sponsored Links
Check system pressure, bleed pump, geta fixed price repair - may not be the cheapest way but at least you know where you are.

It could well be a gas related problem and that MIGHT be cured if you could find somebody to do a PROPER service which includes checking and if necessary readjusting the combustion settings.

Those people are harder to find.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back