Glowworm Xtrafast 120 not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Getting a spark but gas doesn't ignite. Then get a fault code 04.

If I turn the boiler off at the main and back on I can then get the thing to ignite.

It's as though the gas is getting through and it's sparking but either the gas or the spark isn't enough.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
some of these had an issue with gas valve sticking but there's not a lot you can do really you need an RGI to test it, he needs to check the burner pressure and the correct operation on the valve

Getting a spark but gas doesn't ignite. Then get a fault code 04.
Any ideas?

I notice you posted recently about an overheat fault code 05 and was given some advice about that.

Whats was the outcome of that problem?

Tony

Is it definitely getting a spark?, the honeywell ignition pcbs on these (on the gas valve) are usually to blame for most faults.

Sponsored Links
The 05 code has gone away.

I'd been resetting the thermostat everytime as a matter of course but it wasn't until I scrolled through the faults that it's really failing with 04.

Definitely get a spark but intermittently not igniting. I cleaned out the combustion chamber yesterday and it is better but still not foolproof.

Could it be:

a) The electrodes? Maybe the gap has widened?
b) Gas valve / solenoid sticking?
c) PCB?

Could it be:

a) The electrodes? Maybe the gap has widened?
b) Gas valve / solenoid sticking?
c) PCB?

Well it could be one of those or several other things.

The electrode gap is easy to check but I cannot advise you to do that yourself as it should be done by a competent CORGI as should opening the combustion chamber for any reason.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back