Yale 6400 new AC failure issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, hopefully somebody can help

i have a yale 6400 alarm system installed around 2016 that recently started beeping at random times and random intervals and then would stop for long periods but not show a amber light and not show a fault log on the panel

i replaced all the batteries in the sensors as a precaution but this didnt solve the issue,
after a bit of investigation on the internet and the manual i guessed it could internal panel battery at fault,
i replaced this today and the panel works fine but now shows a permanent amber light, no green light and AC failure on the fault log

i removed the back cover again to check the plug or if i knocked/damaged anything and it appears ok, i measured the voltage on the terminals and im getting 12v from the supply to the board

so im a bit lost on what the issue could be and id rather not have to replace the whole alarm system

any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated

cheers

Sponsored Links
The log shows events that have happened, so what’s the current status of the alarm and what happens when you reset the system or try and arm the system.

Yale is not really support much here other than John. I don’t rate this alarm system and we wouldn’t service it, we would bin it, as you don’t want to do this we need to establish what current faults the system has.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back