Yale alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a Yale 6400 alarm can anyone tell me what is the default length of the outdoor siren and can it be changed.
I know the siren built in to the control box can be adjusted

Sponsored Links
Instructions should be in the box.

Control panel, settings, advanced settings,

"Alarm Length
The control unit built in siren will sound when an
alarm is activated. The length of the alarm can be
set from 1 to 15 minutes in 1 minute increments with
this setting.
• 3 minutes is the factory default."

Hi,
Yes the instructions are in the box but they make no mention of the outdoor siren only the siren built in to the control panel

Sponsored Links
A Yale expert posted this

mdf290 said:
The 6400 system can however be programmed up to 15 minutes in one minute intervals.

Its not in the adv settings menu.

Instead go to the devices menu
Scroll down till you get to programme siren.

Then select the option for altering the siren length.

Sirens do obviously stop if the timer runs out but if the same condition that started the alarm exists they could reactivate ie intruders still in the house.

If the siren batteries are getting low you will hear five beeps from the siren when you set the alarm. You can also tell if the battery needs changing if instead of a continuale warble when the siren sounds there is instead an interupted sound.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/alarms...al-sounder-time-setting.355487/#ixzz3HYOulqqC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back