Yale HSA6400 Control Panel - no confirmation beeps or sound

Foo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
This is my first post to a technical forum. I recently installed the Yale HSA6400 premium alarm system and all the devices including siren have been learnt in correctly and tested. The control unit was registering keypad presses with a tone (I first noticed this after the siren was learnt in) including all alarm confirmation beeps, entry and exit sounds. All confirmation sounds ceased to emit from the control unit even before I mounted it up. The tamper alarm on the control unit is functional so I know the internal speaker if fine. All of the alert tones are switched on in the menu system too. This morning I removed the control unit and the sound was functional for a short while after the tamper had been detected. I have switched the unit off to see if it resets the software to no avail. The siren exit and entry tone is working fine but I wanted to disable it as it makes too much noise at night when home arming. Apart from no audible alerts from the control unit the system is fully functional. Could this be a faulty unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
To turn off the confirm beeps from the siren do the following.

From the programming menu select devices then go down to programm siren then from the list showing select confirm beep off.

As for your keypad not beeping when you press the buttons I am stumped there..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back