YALE Premium 6200 Alarm Problems!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please!!!

We have set up the alarm using the DVD.

The PIR detectors are working fine, but we are having a serious problem with the door connections. Until today, neither the front or back door were working, although they are showing as there on the walk test.

I've tested again with the alarm on. The back door only triggers when I've opened the door and closed it again and the front door just doesn't work. I've checked the distance etc. but I cant find nothing! I've phoned YALE and they said change the batteries?!?

I bought it online through Homebase.

Can anyone help me please???

Thanks,

Cjcmacleod

Sponsored Links
The 6200 is siren based, with no control panel. It is not usually described as Premium. The 6400 is usually described as Premium and is very different.

have you got metal doors or frames? or some electrical wiring nearby?

How far are these sensors from the siren?

Take the sensor off, see if it works when not fitted to the door, or when it is closer to the siren. You can verify that the magnets are close enough to the right part of the sensor as well.

if so, try different positions around the door.

As you have installed it according to the DVD, I assume that no PIR is pointing at the person who comes through the door. If you get two detectors going off at the same time they can interfere with each other.

How did you verify the sensors had been learnt in to the siren?

Please describe what you do when you walk-test, and what you mean by "they are showing as there on the walk test"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back