yale wireless alarm 6200

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there does any one know how to set a yale wireless alarm up?i got so far then it doesnt work at all i put the siren in to learn mode then on all the pirs i did the same to them also the door contacts then when i push the learn mode again it all stops working thanks

Sponsored Links
usual mistake is leaving the no one 'clear settings' dip switch in the wrong position.

from the top they should read

4 to the left
3 to the right
2 to the right
1 to the right.

You will probably have to start again with the instructions as nothing will be properly learnt in.

No just switch off the siren place all the switches to the right on the siren and then turn the bottom switch to the left.
hold down the learn button to clear the memory.
Switch on the siren and after the bleeps turn the no one switch to the right. Put the top (no 4) switch to the left and press the learn button.
When the two otside lights flash then press your device buttons to learn them in. The keypad need to be put into programming mode by red a button followed by code. then red a button followed by number 1.
Then press the green button twice.

now press the siren learn button and all your devices are learnt in. At this stage your siren will probably activate press green and your code on your keypad to stop the alarm.
now press red a button followed by your code and then press red a button followed by number 2.

then press green twice and you now have 1 hr to fit all your devices in place before the anti tamper defaults back to on.

Sponsored Links
You have definately put dipswiitch 1 into the off position have you before learning everything in?

yes but the tamper switch i have just noticedthe tamper is out the one at the back will that cause problem trying to learn the pir in and door sensors

wont stop alarm programmimg but will cause alert to sound when setting alarm

ok i have learnt all the pirs and door sensors but after ten mins only one pir picks you up and the others stop working including the door sensors in total i have three pirs can you help please i am about to through it out the window

when you say not working do you mean you cant see the light flash on them. This could simply be that they have gone into sleep mode. Read the manual. press the learn buttons on the devices and the siren should beep. This is the way to test your system.

dip switches wrong way round is all I can think of. ie instead of having 4 on you have 1 , 2 and 3 on and 4 off . . .?

Try checking a video demo on youtube, or even google you just have to type in the model number of the product and let those sites search for what you need :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back