Yale wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a start Adrian is,well I`ll let him mention his qualifications for this little episode.

Gets chair and sits by Alumini.

Why can you not work a Visonic then, too complex for you?
Could answer the Yale questions but not really relevant are they until you answer the ones put to you.

Sponsored Links
Or someone who knows nothing about them talks a heap of crap

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=274302&highlight=#ixzz1M78iVu00

I know enough and i do not have to justify my experience to you nor anybody else, i was giving my frank and honest opinion to the OP. You on the other hand are just hear to flame anybody who does not think Yale is any good.

Just for your information, so you understand where the expertise comes from, i am the convenor of WG2 that is the Cenelec TC79 working group in Europe responsible for writing the EN detection standards for security equipment. So i do know what i am talking about.

Can you detail exactly which EN standards for security equipment any of the Yale products has been independently tested too, and complies with?

The three quotes from professional security companies will ensure that the equipment used meets these standards, they have too its part of the requirements of their inspecting bodies, namely NSI & SSAIB.

You really don't know who you are talking about do you.

I would think Adrian knows more about alarm systems than the rest of us.

Sponsored Links
You really don't know who you are talking about do you.

I would think Adrian knows more about alarm systems than the rest of us.

Why I mentioned Adrian`s quals would speak for themselves.

Hi Adrian, as per message @ IFSEC Tuesday, be good to have a chat!

No problem mate, come and find me we can have a coffee and a chat.

Nice one, as I`m getting the train there would your stand be near the bar?

You have got to ask have you not :D

Suits you sir, suits you. As the old saying goes.

PS, some of the other nut jobs may be lurking about.
See you about 1 ish :D

as in all systems you can remotely disable the sirens tamper circuit enabling the cover to be removed without setting off the alarm.

Is that true. ? So a person in the know can dis-able the tamper and remove the siren and the control panel will know nothing about the loss of its siren.

Come to think of it the control panel can never be sure that there is a working siren in the system.

as in all systems you can remotely disable the sirens tamper circuit enabling the cover to be removed without setting off the alarm.

Is that true. ? So a person in the know can dis-able the tamper and remove the siren and the control panel will know nothing about the loss of its siren.

Come to think of it the control panel can never be sure that there is a working siren in the system.

Shows what little he knows does it not ?

Are Yale two way yet?

Another issue I have with them is this, taken from their website;

"Q: I have moved into a new property. I do not have the PIN code to use the alarm, how can I get hold of the code?
A: Reset procedures are available from the Yale website www.yale.co.uk . Please download the relevant instruction manual for your system to bring the PIN back to the factory default code."

What part of old BS or EN does this meet?

Are Yale two way yet?

A good question. Last I heard was that they are not.

Only the control panel can both transmit and receive.

The simple system appears to have the "control panel" in the siren and then is depends on commands by wireless from fobs or sensors to set and unset.

You can get reset procedures from the manufacturer's web site ? Not good. Lets hope the data format for commands sent over the wireless links is better protected from coming into public domain.

alarm
what day are you going to IFSEC monday or tuesday.?

i am going tuesday and meeting up with AIM, you know lunch and stuff!

Good to meet you Adrian, (one of the people to blame for the new regs ehh!!!!, )

and to Yale bloke, carry one fitting them there panels and we will carry one taking them out and fitting a good reliable two way communicated system that fully complies with the EN regs (and our inspectorates requirements)

and anther thing Alarm,
just fitted a part wired part wire free to a 3/4 mill house with prox touch screen and 10 radio detectors and a couple of dualtechs, went in in under three hours, 3 inches of cable on show, client is over the moon.

and removed and disposed of a Yale system to boot, kept on false alarming at various times of the day and night!!!

and no he didn't DIY he had a bloke from the yellow pages fit it for £299

have fun here

bye for now

Oasis

yale panels are as good as the electronics and the fitter combined,

Tuesday Oasis.
Should be there from 12 ish at the latest until closing.
Aim to be @ Texecom stand @ 13:00.
Perhaps we should all wear a red strobe on our heads :D
Just look for a 6ft 2 shaven headed bloke with a beer in his hand as i`m not driving.
Also a biker, sure you`ll see the attitude :p

PS, Gal touch pad?

panels are as good as the electronics and the fitter combined,

You forgot the contributions of the system designer and the accountants.

Perfectly good electronics can only work effectively in a well designed system that has not been constrained by over frugal financial controls.

So to summise.

A rather bad light shown on a certian product using only technical issues and no personal ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back