Yale HSA3400 with a HSA6080

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shed alarm seems to have failed.

It's a Yale HSA3400, which has been working fine for years - but now I think that the keypad has failed. Ive replaced the batteries in the Siren, the keypad, the motion detector and the door contact. I reset the system, alarm and leave it - when I return a day later the keypad is dead (and the batteries still seem to be fine)

At the moment my son is in need of an alarm system for his garage, so I was planning to buy a HSA6200 from Homebase (cheapest I can find) and then see if the keypad on that will work with my 3400 system (I understand for a previous thread that the 3400 the siren is the master in this system). There are directions for this in a previous thread as well //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/p...te-keyboard-to-a-yale-hsa3500-a.326731/page-2 If that works I'll buy a spare keypad and then install the rest of the system at his house.

So any reason why the keypad won't work with the 3400?

Sponsored Links
The accessories from the 3000 and the 6000 range are compatible with each other and the control panels and sirens, you can have a mixed installation.

However the remote keypad is difficult to learn in because the process is different. I have done it and it took a long time, with both instruction books in front of me.

Consider the 6400 with telecommunicating panel, it is the best of that range and has been reduced in price now the new models are out.

The siren is the master in all from the 3000 and 6000 that do not have a control panel. I might possibly have a used panel somewhere.

Thanks John, that's good to know that they 're compatible.

Though the 6400 looks great, it's really overkill for these projects.

I'll see if I can learn in the new keypad with the old system and the instructions I've found on here

Sponsored Links
Duracell batteries, for some reason, are a poor fit. Polish up the contacts in the case with a toothbrush and the tiniest trace of WD40, polish off with a cotton rag.

Lithium batteries are very good, but expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back