Wireless alarms, honeywell, Yale etc

Risco Agility 3 and Pyronix Enforcer
Both of these use two way wireless communication which provides a far more reliable system than any system using only one way wireless communication. They can still be blocked but other than intentional and prolonged jamming they can cope with interference from other legal users of the wireless frequency.

Sponsored Links
As I said earlier:
You will hear vague and unsubstantiated stories about master criminals using electronic gadgets to disable the alarm before they silently pick your locks.

Outside Bedfordshire, however, a typical domestic house in a typical residential street is more likely to be attacked by a teenage crack head who struggles with any technology more advanced than a brick, and doesn't even know how to open a Eurocylinder on a plastic door.

As Bernards documents says:

"If you already have a wireless alarm, don’t panic. We are not seeing these attacks carried out in the wild."

John does not seem to realise that someone whose alarm fails to operate when a burglar breaks in will most likely complain to the installer or the manufacturer. It is most unlikely that these installers and / or manufacturers will publish statistics of how many alarm installations failed.

As Bernards documents says:

"If you already have a wireless alarm, don’t panic. We are not seeing these attacks carried out in the wild."

If you live in a modest house in area where the burglars are semi-literate teen crackheads, they will probably not have studied at Bernard's school of technology.

If you are a person known to keep thousands of pounds worth of gold bullion under the bed, you can afford better intrusion protection.

I don't suppose the manufacturers of plastic doors and Eurocylinders publish burglary statistics either
with practice, nine and a half seconds

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
And if John's career had, like mine, included 12 years as Development Engineer ( 6 as Senior Development Engineer ) in a company whose main product was radio communications equipment, some applications being life critical, he would be qualified to express an opinion.

If Bernard had spent 12 years as a semi-literate crackhead teen burglar, he might grasp the irrelevance of science and technology to the typical person who forms your risk.

If Bernard decides to take up a new career in housebreaking, I'm sure his MO will be unique.

Guys I don't mean to be rude but im just looking for advice on my posts. If it's not relevant to my questions please take the argument elsewhere.

A stunningly useful thread, but it did make me chuckle on a Friday night. I'm hoping that I don't get burgled whilst I make my mind up on the best wireless or hybrid or wired alarm. It's pretty obvious how a decent wireless alarm can mitigate jamming, yet there's always some spectacular sweeping statements. It's pretty easy to deny any service wired or wireless. For me it's about the environmental waste and the pain in the ass changing of the batteries for the increasing number of home automation, life/environment changing opportunities. But then I'm a tech geek. So far I've spent far too much money on now 'expired' wireless alarm/automation systems. Yet, I just can't bring myself to wire my whole house, it tends to fall to pieces when I expose parts, so wireless is enticing, at least in part.

SO to help. I keep returning to the telecom premier elite. I can't yet work out if it's the best of a crap lot due to the problems experienced on this forum and others, but I'm at least encouraged by their 'continuous improvement' unlike other systems I've tried that have been taken over and killed by the likes of brit ish gas, or just rebranded and re-protocolled after ripping you off for a load of ancillaries. With texecom connect it becomes even more enticing, but no demand so slow progress. Bottom line, security will always be a grudge purchase, until someone adds some fairy dust of novelty and as such the market will continue to significantly lag modern tech without this.

I built my first alarm system when I was 7yrs old ish. A microswitch in my den, a 9 volt battery, a wire buried in the grass, and a 9V buzzer in my bedroom. This allowed me to switch on a hidden hosepipe and drench my sister when she intruded. She found a way around this involving pair of scissors, so I made it wireless.... Anyway the point is, technology is only ever as good as the demand placed on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back