Yale or Respones wireless alarm??

small question.

is ther a facility to fit a hard wored siren to a Yale system.

i personally dont know, (as you know we dont fit Yale) just curious!

Oasis

Hijack alert.

No in a nutshell.
Unlike other makes whom do allow for a hardwired and or a separate PSU for a wirefree bell ( obviously wirefree from panel).

You could get a 6vdc plug top psu and fit it locally to the Yale sounder, no reason why not. ( 4xD cell = 6vdc).
I suppose changing the alkaline batts for Ni-cads would then possibly have the self monitoring inadvertently watch the PSU.

Wow, perhaps I should ring Yale and tell them this idea :D

Sponsored Links
Its not as silly as it sounds.
For one particular family I bought a battery holder from maplins and fitted that inside their fitted wardrobe and then wired out to the siren through the wall meaning they could change batteries easiliy without a ladder in sight.

How exactly does that work ? It seems one has to be outside the house in hearing range of the siren when the system is being armed or dis-armed.

Not the intention. just passing on ( in my case ) experience and knowledge gained from working on security and safety critical systems where every eventuality has to be considered and the system must operate correctly in those situations.

These may have well maintained by owners who were FULLY aware of what was needed to keep them working and knew what were the indications that something in the system was about to fail.

The true test would be be to see how often the siren gives the "confirmation" pip when the owners leave the house and set the alarm.

1- Generally when using the 6200 system the siren is at the front of the house as is the front door - therefore usually the homeowner is within 20ft of the siren when setting and unsetting and therefore easily within hearing range. Other than that the red leds' also flash when setting.

The confirmation beep is an option when used with the 6400 system as you can tell the system is arming with the countdown from the control panel instead.

2 - we are talking here about domestic properties where 95% of the job of an alarm is having the box on the wall as a deterent.
The net result of a failed alarm is that the alarm will not operate if burgled.
How does a criminal tell whether a yale alarm is functional from the outside of a home? He doesn't and there is no way to tell. Therefore its effectiveness as a deterrent is just the same.

3- You are really labouring the point here about the failed batteries in the siren. The homeowner knows the batteries need changing - That is in the instructions - or better verbally from myself also.
Its quite clear - you will get a series of pips and flashes when you set and unset the alarm.

If you want to labour a point on what ifs then the one I could ask repeatedly about someone who has had the most expsensive alarm in the world installed with every conceivable extra and to the highest standard and spec a spec you yourself Bernard would be proud to endorse-

What if they forget to set it?

Yep what if the silly owner forgets to set the alarm? How would your uber system cope with that scenario Bernard?

Watch your batts run down rapidly you mean :D

:rolleyes:

usual productive post

Oh by the way my pro installed alarm is false alarming again.
Another thing, never said before but there has been one of YOUR alarms near me for a number of years.

What a proverbial pain in the neck that has been. Complaint after to complaint to the local council by many of the residents got a new one fitted, you've guessed it, same make, different model.

What happened then you ask? Or not.

After a couple of months of exactly the same activations in the middle of the night and more complaints and the threat of prosecution, when they went on holiday, someone removed the box from the wall, smashed it up and fed it through the letter box.

The result, at last, a Pro system fitted, 18mths or so now, never been a problem.

And before you start pointing fingers, no, I had nothing to do with any part of this other than complaining along with many others.

Well that was not one of MY alarms as I install them properly.
I never mentioned you may have had anything to do with it going off why so quick to mention your lack of involvement.
As for the rest of it pure fantasy.
If you are telling me that a Yale alarm had been malfunctioning near you and after all your previous opportunities to mention it you have only just brought it up now when you could have used that as 'ammunition' then you must think everyone who reads these forums is simple.

Its nice to know what kind of neighbourhood you live in where neighbours trash each others property when they go on holiday - you need to move to a nicer area.

Now to move away from your ficticious scenario to FACT

Last night my staff rang to say the pro installed alarmat my premises would not set.
The panel I was told was reading CU AC I presume this meant control unit ac power failure. I don't know.
What I do know is I will get another £45 bill on top of the two I have already received for my keyholders attending previous fals alarms.

So on top of a maintainance contract and a keyholder contract I currently pay for I am getting regular problems costing me £45 a pop.

Praise the lord that a yale only needs new batteries putting in every two year with a total upkeep cost of only £10 a year

Sponsored Links
Sorry Yaleguy3 but you now seem to be clutching at straws.

Its nice to know what kind of neighbourhood you live in where neighbours trash each others property when they go on holiday
Local councils have "physically and permanently silenced" alarms that persistantly disturbed neighbours.
Last night my staff rang to say the pro installed alarmat my premises would not set. The panel I was told was reading CU AC I presume this meant control unit ac power failure. I don't know.
You "own" this alarm but you do not know how to interpret the messageson the panel. Is it a poorly written manual or a lack of your attention to the matter.
I will get another £45 bill on top of the two I have already received for my keyholders
WOW , I am under paid, when I turn out as keyholder to a house near here all I get is tea or coffee and maybe a bottle of wine as a thank you.

In a different post
Yep what if the silly owner forgets to set the alarm?
As you said the owner has to be silly to not set the alarm. But he still has to read the manual (or take your verbal instructions) that clearly state
Its quite clear - you will get a series of pips and flashes when you set and unset the alarm.
How would your uber system cope with that scenario Bernard?
Uber = over the top. Too much. But there is a way to ensure an alarm is set even if the owner does forget to manually set it when leaving the property un-occupied. But that is probably a commercially protected matter.

Last night my staff rang to say the pro installed alarmat my premises would not set.
The panel I was told was reading CU AC I presume this meant control unit ac power failure. I don't know.
What I do know is I will get another £45 bill on top of the two I have already received for my keyholders attending previous fals alarms.

So on top of a maintainance contract and a keyholder contract I currently pay for I am getting regular problems costing me £45 a pop.

Praise the lord that a yale only needs new batteries putting in every two year with a total upkeep cost of only £10 a year
Why were the keyholders called for the panel not setting?

And not setting is not related to false alarms - as you sneakily tried to imply.
And for the benefit of those unaware, can you explain how batteries are related to the two issues of failing to set and false alarms?

A bit sad, not read the manual? Trained your staff?

What I do know is I will get another £45 bill on top of the two I have already received for my keyholders attending previous fals alarms. Why get charged, your staff were on site so you say

So on top of a maintainance contract and a keyholder contract I currently pay for I am getting regular problems costing me £45 a pop.So a power cut is the alarm systems fault then is it?

Praise the lord that a yale only needs new batteries putting in every two year with a total upkeep cost of only £10 a year.
Why have you not fitted a Yale to your building then?

To add commercial properties can have auto sets, with pre warning, or have the monitoring check open/closing. A proceedure to prevent the system not being armed. It can also migrate to domestics in certian circumstances. Can a Yale do that? I think we both know the answer to that.
Can the Yale let you know your child has arrived home from school?

If your going to make sweeping statements please as asked before get all the facts correct as people reading this would see a totally innacurate version of events.

And for the benefit of those unaware, can you explain how batteries are related to the two issues of failing to set and false alarms?
It seems that in some systems that rely totally on non rechargable batteries the only way to test the batteries is to set and/or unset the alarm and then count pips and flashes from a box high up on the wall.

To be fair the 6300/6400 shows a fault on the panel.
Just a fault mind nothing specific. Then you listen out for the "pips" outside. It also mentions that the pips could also mean a bell tamper, and to not confuse the two.

Lets be fair and give all the relevant details.

First things first, you calling me a liar?

Second, fictitious is the correct spelling.

ps How come it took you two days to come up with that rubbish?

It seems that in some systems that rely totally on non rechargable batteries the only way to test the batteries is to set and/or unset the alarm and then count pips and flashes from a box high up on the wall.
Indeed.

I'm just puzzled as to how they relate to a hard wired system. ;)

A bit sad, not read the manual? Trained your staff?

What I do know is I will get another £45 bill on top of the two I have already received for my keyholders attending previous fals alarms. Why get charged, your staff were on site so you say

So on top of a maintainance contract and a keyholder contract I currently pay for I am getting regular problems costing me £45 a pop.So a power cut is the alarm systems fault then is it?

Praise the lord that a yale only needs new batteries putting in every two year with a total upkeep cost of only £10 a year.
Why have you not fitted a Yale to your building then?

To add commercial properties can have auto sets, with pre warning, or have the monitoring check open/closing. A proceedure to prevent the system not being armed. It can also migrate to domestics in certian circumstances. Can a Yale do that? I think we both know the answer to that.
Can the Yale let you know your child has arrived home from school?

If your going to make sweeping statements please as asked before get all the facts correct as people reading this would see a totally innacurate version of events.
1- No we don't have a manual and no I can't train the staff because all we got as a handover was a 1minute demonstration that basically went 'this is how you set the alarm put your code in and then press A' 'This is how to unset your alarm put your code in and then press Ent' We weren't even told the entry exit delay.
2- No the staff were locking up at 8pm and they could not get the alarm to set.
I asked them to lock the doors and I got the keyholders to attend to reset the alarm
Strangely despite being a monitored system and staff saying they had previously had trouble setting it the monitoring station never called to say they were picking up fault codes.
3- Yes a power cut causing a system to need a reset is indeed the alarm companies fault. It is designed to continue through power loss for a period isn't it? You tell me it's the fangled pro kit you know so much about after all.
4- The system is a grade 3 system due to the landlords insurance companies wishes hence no yale system.

The yale system can indeed keep a log of user actions so owners would be able to view the log to see what time a user had deactivated the system and yes this means for example working parents would be able to see what time their offspring had left for school and come home again.

oh and OMG Alarm you have found the achilles heel of the yale alarm it cannot be set to automatically set and unset itself . . but it actually does not need to as its a domestic alarm not a commercial one.

You can set and unset the 6400 remotely using your mobile phone though . . how many grade 2 systems have you fitted this week with that very useful facility?

Some other systems like the response rely on solar panels keeping the batteries topped up and demand the siren has to be placed on a south facing wall according to the manufacturers. if your home faces North there isn't enough sunlight to keep the siren charged.

The system you refer to quite happily runs on those non rechargeble batteries for up to three years while professional graded systems even hard wired as preferred by yourself can fail after only a short period of time without mains power for less than a day.

First things first, you calling me a liar?

Second, fictitious is the correct spelling.

ps How come it took you two days to come up with that rubbish?

Oh dear I think you will find you are the one that has called ME a liar several times in the past. You have continually accused ME of making things up. A simple search of your posts finds many examples of such accusations. . . . however

OOH looky what I found!!!!

Compliance
Suitability | Technology Design | Environmental | WEEE Directive | Compliance

Europlex has clear rules governing its ethical behviour towards its customers, business partners employees public entities and society at large.

We conduct our business responsibly and in compliance with the laws and regulations of all the countries where we do business.

Europlex does not tolerate illegal and unethical behaviour. We have established binding company guidelines that require all our employees worldwide to behave ethically and in conformity with the law. These guidelines are the basis of our work and the relationships of our employees with one another as well as with our customers and partners.

Compliance Programme
Europlex is part of the Siemens Building Technology group of companies and to underpin our commitment to ethical business we have adopted the Siemens' Compliance Programme. This program anchors ethical and legal behaviour throughout the company. It includes clear instructions to all employees to comply with all applicable laws. It also contains additional regulations regarding specific areas including, the processing of payments and proper dealings with business consultants. To implement the Compliance Programme, Siemens has not only set up a worldwide compliance organization but also a system to verify adherence to the programme.

I wonder if your representation of the company using its trade name on this public forum making libellous comments against identifiable individuals (myself) would be approved of under the terms of seimens compliance contract.

. . particularly if your posts have been made using company equipment in company time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back