Yale or Respones wireless alarm??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put a post on here last week for info on Yale wireless alarm's and have just come across the response alarm which looks good as it has a solar charging for the bell box battery, now I cant make my mind up which one to go for???? anyone had experience with the response alarm's

ps Im not interested in any companys offering contracts etc.

Sponsored Links
sorry neither
there are better wireless systems out there,
that are more reliable and of better build quality.

just my 2p worth

i am sure someone else will be here to tell you different.

you also have to understand that we only fit proffesional systems (as we are a registrered company)

and you dont have to have a `contract` to have a system fitted,
if you just want an alarm to make a noise, or even to call you if it goes off, there are many companies that will fit this for you.

if you fit it yourself, far enough, but we always ask our clients, (who wish to self install there system) this;

if your alarm goes faulty a little down the line,
who are you going to call to fix it?

we always say, and do, if your alarm goes faulty, call us and we will arrange to repair it for you, if you have a question for us, call us and we will answer it.
do dont charge for questions, we only charge for the work we do.

hope this helps, if you want to chat PM me and chat, it dont cost you anything to talk!

Oasis

I fitted a Yale alarm in an empty house I am looking after, it was a quick and easy DIY job. In my own house I spent a lot more and have a commercial, maintained system.

If you are practical and methodical, you can install it and deal with any problems yourself at nil cost (there are, very occasionally, queries about Yale alarms on here, though they are usually deluged with posts from professionals saying you ought to buy a professional system).

I believe the latest Response is a more modern design though, and it has the advantage of a solar-powered siren box, which is supposed to save you the trouble of changing the batteries every two or three years. I fitted my siren box where it can be reached through an upstairs window and brought inside to change them).

One possible advantage of Yale is that there are lots of second-hand and surplus stock ones around, and the older components still work with the latest ones, so if you have a big house or want lots of detectors, or an extra siren indoors, you can usually buy extra bits quite cheaply.

IMO the "phone out" feature is very useful, but it is essential to put the control panel out of sight and well away from any entry point to prevent a burglar ripping it out before it has time to dial. The systems with no control panel are cheaper, but IMO not as good.

I think a drawback with cheap DIY systems is that the siren box can easily be recognised, so anyone wanting to break in will know what he is dealing with. I sprayed my Yale box a different colour and put a company namer sticker on it to disguise it. But the Response boxes with the solar cell are very distinctive and easy to recognise.

Quote "I fitted a Yale alarm in an empty house I am looking after, it was a quick and easy DIY job. IN MY OWN HOUSE I spent a lot more and have a commercial, maintained system." Unquote.

PMSL.

Really.

So in your opinion Yale is not good enough for YOUR OWN home.

Fine as long as that is clear.

Sponsored Links
This is a DIY forum so the pro's that post saying wireless is crap are hardly surprising. I had no problems with Yale at my old house, it only false alarmed once and did go off whenever I opened the garage door or went downstairs before disarming by mistake! The Pro system that is wired in our current house has false alarmed about 6 times in the last 12 months, various zones & sensors. To write off DIY kit as useless is silly, if someone wants to break in to your house and nick something they will, the fact you have anything rather than nothing deters some.

Reread the post from JohnD

Hes slagged it off. Just by saying its okay for a empty house but not his own.

I merely pointed this out.
The other "pro" like myself said there is better DIY wireless.

Please read more carefully before making sweeping statements.

AS for your own "pro" kit what is it?
Did you get it sorted?
Lets have the full story, or have you left it as it is?
You also mention user error with the other system, could the same be hapening? as it is probably more comlex. Was the part sets set up as you wanted or just left as was thought necessary?
As before full story not a selective item please.

& the same people pop up in just about any thread about DIY wireless kit. I've said it was fine in the last house I lived in. So the score is now 1-1. Lets see what others with experience of the kit say eh? I've also said the current house has a Pro install wired system, that doesn't mean I wasn't happy with the Yale. You are adding 2 & 2 & getting 5.

Reread the post from JohnD

Please read more carefully before making sweeping statements.

AS for your own "pro" kit what is it?
Did you get it sorted?
Lets have the full story, or have you left it as it is?
You also mention user error with the other system, could the same be hapening? as it is probably more comlex. Was the part sets set up as you wanted or just left as was thought necessary?
As before full story not a selective item please.
(1) Says G4 on the control box & ADE on the keypad.
(2) Left as is, moving out soon.
(3) User error would be hard when I'm tucked up in bed or returning back home from holiday.
(4) Part set is fine, downstairs & garage armed in night mode.

false alarms range from back door to various PIR's.

What does this have to do with slagging of Yale? The OP was asking about two DIY wireless systems which I have answered. You have gone off on a tangent as ever defending your field.

Can I have some of the drugs you are on?

Where was I defensive, I was asking questions to see what was going on with your system.
Where did I say you were not happy with Yale?
Where have you mentioned the differences between Yale and Responce?
1-1 more like 4-0 ATM.

Quote "What does this have to do with slagging of Yale?"
Nothing, as above was intrested into why your "pro" kit was playing up. Also where have I slagged Yale in this thread? Really must be good drugs.

So back to your problems, you have ignored them. So you have no idea what so ever what might be causing the problems you say you have.
Rather silly isnt it, not to address the issues. Just walk away, leave it to others.
Do you really have a Gen4? Or are you just plucking names and numbers from other threads. Most "pros" I know would not fit that panel either. It is classed as a low end DIY panel.
Perhaps you fitted it ?

I didn't slag Yale

I chose on risk assessment of the empty house, and value for money.

Nothing wrong with that.

Now that I am not away on business a lot I would probably not buy such an expensive system again.

Quote "I fitted a Yale alarm in an empty house I am looking after, it was a quick and easy DIY job. IN MY OWN HOUSE I spent a lot more and have a commercial, maintained system." Unquote.

PMSL.

Really.

So in your opinion Yale is not good enough for YOUR OWN home.

Fine as long as that is clear.
You seem happy to make that statement & twist it to imply that the poster was not happy with the Yale?

You say the kit I have is DIY? Why not call them-sticker says Alltech Alarms, 01502 886801. Seeing as this was built by a national home builder I'd hope they are using contractors that know what they are doing.

You say the kit I have is DIY? Why not call them-sticker says Alltech Alarms, 01502 886801. Seeing as this was built by a national home builder I'd hope they are using contractors that know what they are doing Unquote.

First things first, call them yourself. Go on, see what happens.
Its a dummy sticker and number.
Muppet

http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...whAeGwOm4Bg&ved=0CD4Q8wIwAw&biw=1440&bih=781#

As I said low end kit readily available from any outlet. Quite happy to stand by that.

If your going to argue, get your facts right.

And I twisted nothing, I simply repeated what the other person said.

That kit looks nothing like what I have, i'll take some pics now just for you & post them up.

As for the number, no it isn't a dummy number, that would be my typo, the number is 01562 886801.

Yeah post a pic then, as for the number cannot be bothered. No web site must be good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back