Yale or Respones wireless alarm??

Ahh the same G4 with the cheapy keypad. It takes 4 versions of keypad.

Still the same cheapness. Even a Yale is more expensive than that lot.

:D

Sponsored Links
Yeah post a pic then, as for the number cannot be bothered. No web site must be good.
Good enough for a major builder to be using them on all developments around here. You have strange logic, I deal with some very big companies around here with no web presence at all. Then again, I guess you must be good, you post all over a DIY website. Who's the muppet again? Clown.

Rofl.
I assist when possible.
If there were no professionals in DiY sites how do you think you would be able to get your systems working?

A major builder not giving a flying about whats fitted though. Here in the real world major developers use far better kit as they know its going to have policed responce and may want more than two part sets and two user codes.
See, thats why we help here, to let you know what your system can and cannot do! Bet your well impressed now you can have TWO user codes.

Only clown here is the one thinking hes got a great alarm system, Yale is far better than that,at least it can have more users and is a bit more adaptable.

You can quote me on that too.

& I said it was a great alarm where exactly? I only recall stating it was installed by a pro alarm company & has false alarmed more times than the Yale kit ever did. Maybe you should, spend more time building a business rather than trying to be the hero on a DIY forum, touting for business per chance? Have a good weekend.

ps, two user cods, oh no, how will I cope! Clutz.

Sponsored Links
Yeah post a pic then, as for the number cannot be bothered. No web site must be good.
Good enough for a major builder to be using them on all developments around here. You have strange logic, I deal with some very big companies around here with no web presence at all. Then again, I guess you must be good, you post all over a DIY website. Who's the muppet again? Clown.
Major builders don't buy on quality and/or features, certainly not on kit they consider 'non essential'.

Cheapest wins on them jobs.

& I said it was a great alarm where exactly? I only recall stating it was installed by a pro alarm company & has false alarmed more times than the Yale kit ever did. Maybe you should, spend more time building a business rather than trying to be the hero on a DIY forum, touting for business per chance? Have a good weekend.

At the risk of falling for a red herring here.

May i ask what pro company exactly?

Alumni
well that is a leading question, now what really is a pro company??

to be honest we consider ourselves as a pro company.

insurance approved installer, local and national contracts, some house builder works (but not many) a large portfolio of license trade sites (including some real gems, those of you who might be familiar with as well)

recognized by the SSAIB and audited on a regular basis, LTD liability organisation with office (not back room in your house) fully insured and indentured.

well what else is there,

oh yes
over 25 years fitting alarms/cctv/fire and electrical contracting (with my other business partner)

so would you consider that a pro company??

i think i would!!

but that is just me

if the original poster wants fit a wireless system, thats up to them, but i would not and will not fit non approved wireless equipment, as we are not alowed to (inspectorate rules you see)

Oasis

Alumni
well that is a leading question, now what really is a pro company??

to be honest we consider ourselves as a pro company.

insurance approved installer, local and national contracts, some house builder works (but not many) a large portfolio of license trade sites (including some real gems, those of you who might be familiar with as well)

recognized by the SSAIB and audited on a regular basis, LTD liability organisation with office (not back room in your house) fully insured and indentured.

well what else is there,

oh yes
over 25 years fitting alarms/cctv/fire and electrical contracting (with my other business partner)

so would you consider that a pro company??

i think i would!!

but that is just me

if the original poster wants fit a wireless system, thats up to them, but i would not and will not fit non approved wireless equipment, as we are not alowed to (inspectorate rules you see)

Oasis
I think you may have misread.
I asked what pro company, not what is. :)

Name calling, always a sign your lost for any other intelligent comment.
You make out its great because a major contractor uses it. The way you infer its use. Shame its still 10 bob tat.

What I do is nothing to do with you but thanks for the concern. However I trouble shoot, design and install across the whole security spectrum. So thanks for the advise.
Does this mean all us "pros" are heros? Well thank you very much. Your such a chap!
No need to and never have touted for business here. Or anyother web site I frequent. Even when asked in a PM.
One or two ongoing here could testify to this, but assistance is always available. Reason you ask. When you touch something someone else has been playing with you accept a responsibility. Unless I have supplied it and fitted it, I am not prepared to do so without a heavy charge to cover mishaps out of my control, thus negating any saving the person might have made going DIY.

As for the weekend, some playing about with the garden. A bit of fishing, and a few odds and sods to occupy myself.

You could go to a local garage, ask for some low temp grease.
Head and bottom assistance springs to mind :D

Bl**dy hell!!! i've just checked my answers to my post, don't know if i've learnt anything about a yale or response alarm but its amazing how stressed some of you get with each other :?:

Only joking please don't start on me :(

Told you.
... (there are, very occasionally, queries about Yale alarms on here, though they are usually deluged with posts from professionals saying you ought to buy a professional system).... .

In Response (excuse the pun) to the OP.

The response systems may well be fine , however I have been asked to replace them with Yale systems on occasion and when I do invariably the siren is as dead as a dodo despite the solar panel.

They still have a 9v pp3 battery within which needs regular changing.

I can only go by my experience but given I have installed hundreds literally of Yale alarms I can confirm they are trouble free presuming you install correctly.

I would be perfectly happy to have a Yale in my own home or my elderly parents.
or my sons student accomodation etc etc etc.
As have been many landlords who have asked me to install alarms for tennants who have asked for an alarm.
I would even be very very happy to have a Yale alarm on an unnocupied property as it will go for years without needing an electricity supply. That is one thing a Yale alarm can do which a pro system cannot do.
This makes it ideal for empty properties.

yaleguy,
just a question for you, because i am a little stumped on this one.

you say that the control panel may not need a fixed electrical supply and can run for years without mains power.

can you clarify this, just curious.

i have fitted wireless before (way before yale etc brought out there always available kit) and we always had to have at least one working socket for the panel.

its not a dig i am just a little curious.

Oasis

PM me if you want or post here.

I would even be very very happy to have a Yale alarm on an unnocupied property as it will go for years without needing an electricity supply. That is one thing a Yale alarm can do which a pro system cannot do.
This makes it ideal for empty properties.

But previously ( //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1988241#1988241 )

Have today been to three previous clients and replaced all their batteries. No system issues at all - new batteries = systems working perfectly again.

Keep the batteries up to date by replacing them every two years and you won't have any probs

systems working perfectly again

Which suggests they were not working perfectly for a while. Oh of course they depend on batteries being in good condition and the owner therefore has to be regularly checking the state of the batteries.

hope this helps, if you want to chat PM me and chat, it dont cost you anything to talk!

Oasis

Hi Oasis ,
I am actually a fan of yours as a professional with dignity unlike some of the hysterical naysayers who normally post in the YALE threads.

However I cannot help noticing that the poster is from hampshire and you are too and now you offer a chat or pm whilst suggesting a there are better systems out there.

This could demonstrates that all the invasion of the yale threads by professionals is nothing to do with any particular knowledge or experience of the DIY systems but simply you see people buying yale systems as lost work for yourselves and a commercial threat.

At the end of the day unless there is an insurance or monitoring issue a yale will sound if activated just like any alarm

Its a shame you actually told another poster in a thread asking about non police response alarms NOT to get a yale or response alarm

My only input on these forums is to give advice about yale alarms and to fight against the tide of negativity and ignorance spouted by the many (un)professional posters on this site.

I could of course start invading non yale threads where people are having problems with pro installed equipment and tell them that they could have a yale instead or that it would be cheaper etc.
But I don't as I would feel that people would be perfectly entitled to criticise me for such crass behaviour.

The only decision people would need to make if an insurance approved alarm is not specified is whether they would prefer a generic white box on their home or a yellow yale box and are they confident in their diy skills or climbing a ladder.

I don't actually condone anyone not placing their yale boxes in the proper place second floor near the eaves and with as much as possible an aesthetic symetrical and prominent location.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back