Best professional wireless burglar alarm system?

Have it your way, but I'm an alarm service engineer of many years and I have yet to find a situation where any type of detector that has adjustable range available that needs to be set on its highest setting. How are you determining the correct range setting?

Sponsored Links
I have yet to find a situation where any type of detector that has adjustable range available that needs to be set on its highest setting

The PIR's only have two sensitivity settings, High and Low. High sensitivity is what they are set to by default and I have not got any false alarms yet so I am leaving them set as they are. It would seem Logical to set the sensitivity as high as possible to the point where you don't get false alarms. How many pulse counts would the high/low settings of the PIR's equal - 1/2, 2/3, 1/3?

I've just fitted one of the new Secuplace wireless kits I got from my local wholesaler wharfside electrical. It's the replacement for the old infinite Prime, It was my first one although I'd fitted the prime for years and it can be controlled via smart phone and give push notifications if it goes off. Only took my 2 hours to fit 2 Pirs and a door contact in a shop (I didn't need the 3rd pir. Everything is pre registered so screw it up and connect the battery. Even the bell box was easy. It comes with a multi network SIM card
Which the end user pays for at £2 per month and the app is free 'myelas' on App Store. Wharfside say I can have the bells printed with my logo for a 1 off fee of £150 and they are getting me a username and password so I can log in to the panels from my lap top to make any changes- So far so good!

Hi All, just fitted a Pyronix Home app with DIGI-LAN...........all pretty straight forward and no major issues yet however I did not do the networking......

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Hi All, just fitted a Pyronix Home app with DIGI-LAN...........all pretty straight forward and no major issues yet however I did not do the networking......

Apparently Pyronix have a huge backlog on these....MAP security had the first 10 units released - I managed to get 1pc :)

What is the digi-lan option? Similar to GPRS? But Ethernet based?

Has anyone used the HomeControl+ units? Are they GPRS?

Docs on these units are hard to come by!

Any more info on the app? Be interested to have an update asnjust looking in to it
Mark

I've just fitted one of the new Secuplace wireless kits I got from my local wholesaler wharfside electrical. It's the replacement for the old infinite Prime, It was my first one although I'd fitted the prime for years and it can be controlled via smart phone and give push notifications if it goes off. Only took my 2 hours to fit 2 Pirs and a door contact in a shop (I didn't need the 3rd pir. Everything is pre registered so screw it up and connect the battery. Even the bell box was easy. It comes with a multi network SIM card
Which the end user pays for at £2 per month and the app is free 'myelas' on App Store. Wharfside say I can have the bells printed with my logo for a 1 off fee of £150 and they are getting me a username and password so I can log in to the panels from my lap top to make any changes- So far so good!

I would advise contacting Risco direct for your bell covers. They will do the design for free.

Any more info on the app? Be interested to have an update asnjust looking in to it
Mark

any info on the app? i want to know if u could somehow allow it to send u emails notifications or any way to set customise vibrations to alert u when phone is on silent.

I would advise contacting Risco direct for your bell covers. They will do the design for free.

Hi please could you help me, I'm a novice I have a secuplace alarm on my house I fitted it myself I made a mistake at the beginning and had to enrol the detectors again, I worked it all out eventually, but I can't seen to connect the siren the module doesn't turn green, the module is connected to the panel but is it a wireless signal that gets it to work the panel powers it thats all it does, I have tried all sorts even brought another siren, company I purchased it from ignore my messages, any advice would very appreciated, the system works perfectly apart from this issue, please let me know if you can help thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back