Yale Wireless Alarm 6200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a Yale Wireless alarm HSA 6200 , & found that it has no interior audible alarm sound , i would like to know if a HSA6300 Control Panel was compatable & could be used with my system as this has an audible sound fitted

Sponsored Links
Hi - yes a hs6300 panel will be compatible with your existing devices.
however there is a cheaper and very effective option.

Buy another Yale working siren-

Prorgramme that siren exactly the same as you did your previous siren . ie in master mode dip switch 4 to the left learn all the devices in.
Instead of putting the bell box on your wall outside place it flat down (so the rear tamper spring is kept closed) on top of one of your top kitchen cupboards.

When you arm the system now the alarm outside will beep as will the alarm on your kitchen cupboard.

If the alarm is activated it will definately wake the house up and scare the bejesus out of any intruder.

Just remember that to get into programming mode on the keypad you will have to put your new code in if you have changed it from default.

:)

Instead of putting the bell box on your wall outside place it flat down (so the rear tamper spring is kept closed) on top of one of your top kitchen cupboards.
I am sorry but that suggestion is not sensible.

If the top of the cupboard has any flexibility then slamming a cupboard door could move the siren enough to operate the tamper switch

Dusting the top of the cupboard would have the same effect.

If placing a siren on a cupboard is "technically" acceptable then at least explaing how to dis-able the tamper switch.

How loud is the siren if the tamper alarm is triggered. Would it not be possibly dangerously dis-orientating to have that level of noise in a small room. ? Especillay if it started when some one was on a step ladder or similar reaching for something in the top cupboard.

Please think before making "quick fix" suggestions to solve short comings of an installed system.

Sponsored Links
Haven't bothered to read all this rubbish, but I did see the bit about the kitchen cabinets.

Q. His cabinets all go up to the ceiling, so where does this sounder go then?

A. Screwed to the front of the cupboard doors.

Sheesh.

I can't believe people are arguing about suppositions instead of fact. You know all the high level kitchen units I have ever seen are screwed to the wall strong enough so you can put pans, plates and tins of beans or whatever in them and they also have a top moulding even leaving a hidden recess behind which you can easily place a yale siren on its back WITHOUT it false alarming.

If Bernards suggestion that the high level unit would wobble and move enough to make the siren 'jump up' (which it would have to do if the tamper was to be activated) enough to trigger the alarm then the plates , pans and tins of beans would have been on the floor years ago.

As for the siren being too loud!!... The more the merrier I say. If I was in bed and a siren went off internally in the kitchen and it was loud I would personally think it was effing fantastic!! Not only would it notify in no uncertain terms that the alarm had gone off it would also give the burglars a pretty good guess that the whole house was awake...as for someone disturbing it when dusting for jesus sake what a ridiculous effort to clutch at straws...
Here I have presented a very very practical solution to the original poster a solution I know for a FACT works well but the neighsayers as usual can't keep their supercilious traps shut...blah blah blah.

As for europlanks ridiculous ignorant guess at how the posters home is arranged without any knowledge then the answer is simple it goes somewhere else wherever is practical obviously..duh!
Whether that is under the stairs screwed to the wall (Just like a typical alarm internal sounder or would that be unnaceptable to you guys too???) or in the upstairs airing cupboard screwed to the wall or in the pantry...you get the picture I hate telling numbskulls how to suck a freakin egg!!

My suggestion was valid....end of. Your so called objections are just pointless pontifications..get a life.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back