Yarmouth's mini fishing fleet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yarmouths fishing fleet off 1000 boats is now down to one boat because of the E.U.s common fishing policy, with other eu members fleets emptying the sea's quicker than fish can swim, :eek: i suppose we will be buying our fish from China soon, like every thing eles we no long make or grow or catch :eek: are u glad you'r in the EU :?:

Sponsored Links
I think most of them sold out by selling their quota to the Spanish. With bigger boats and buying quotas from small-time fishermen they become far more efficient. Just as little trucks were replaced by big artics and motorways. Just progress really.

999% allowed to sell there quotas, :eek: the quotas should belong to the uk, not fisherman, for future harvest not to be sold :confused: why did the goverment allow this to happen :eek: over to you joe

No idea. I didn't vote them in. I guess it's because we are now part of the United States of Europe.

Sponsored Links
can anyone shead ligth on how fishermen were allowed to sell the uk fish quotas :eek: :confused:

clf-gas. they should be made give the quotas back to the fisheries dept, if they dont wont to fish, and just sell the boat. no way should our quotas be sold or given to people outside the uk (as it says on the tin uk. meaning us the people of the uk ),if people are in business they take there chance's like the rest of us :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back