Yeah I'll transfer the money over tonight or tomorrow morning..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bull***t. Im usually very patient with customers but when I've floated a job and down about £400 on materials, the Blazay attitude towards actually paying for the work that they are admittedly very happy with becomes very irritating. I might try that next week when I get a big load of groceries in at the supermarket, "yeah I'll be back to pay you tonight, if not will definitely be tomorrow."

Sorry guys, need to vent somewhere..

Sponsored Links
Bull***t. Im usually very patient with customers but when I've floated a job and down about £400 on materials, the Blazay attitude towards actually paying for the work that they are admittedly very happy with becomes very irritating. I might try that next week when I get a big load of groceries in at the supermarket, "yeah I'll be back to pay you tonight, if not will definitely be tomorrow."

Sorry guys, need to vent somewhere..

Get a mobile PDQ machine and says no cash thats fine I accept cards. Job done.

Couldn't agree more. Had a few recently that wanna pay via bank transfer
One woman took a month to pay for a boiler, another took two days after telling me she'd do it as soon as she puts kids to bed that evening
Another would do it straight away as soon as I sent invoice but I had to send a text reminder after 4 days

might stop offering it unless they do it there and then before I leave but it's almost the equivalent of driving them to the cash machine which to me seems a bit awkward

It used to be "I'll send you a cheque" back when I was doing electrics. I used to say that there was no agreement about paying later, and that my terms for small jobs were "cash or cheque on completion". Most would do it then. At least I never had too many rubber cheques!
You can tell though usually I used to reckon. The ones who don't want to pay straight away sort of go subtly cooler when presented with the bill.
It's people though. Some are great to work for, and some not so great. :)

Sponsored Links
Couldn't agree more. Had a few recently that wanna pay via bank transfer
One woman took a month to pay for a boiler, another took two days after telling me she'd do it as soon as she puts kids to bed that evening
Another would do it straight away as soon as I sent invoice but I had to send a text reminder after 4 days

might stop offering it unless they do it there and then before I leave but it's almost the equivalent of driving them to the cash machine which to me seems a bit awkward

Jesus, a month? Yeah I hate having to send reminders but just gotta do it sometimes.. I know a lot of other chippys that just try to specify cash purely because of situations like this. A lot of customers seem to have a strange mindset that just because its a bank transfer that it buys them time until they have to pay it. Whereas in my experience, you're more likely to get cash when the job is finished and you're all wrapped up as they'd make a point of withdrawing it.

A month! jeez i've been waiting 3 days and i'm already planing on how to get the paint back off the walls:evil:

Back