Yes another which Combi question!!!! Potterton or V

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks...great forum...informative and fun (some of the verbal scraps are ace!) have been lurking for a while thought I would join the fun.

Stuck between these two choices

Potterton Promax 33 kwHE Plus or the VIESSMANN VITODENS 100-W 35kw

read a few forums and it seems a few years ago VIESSMANN were somewhat wanting but now a lot of folks rave about them. The VIESSMANN is £40 more than the Potterton, so not an issue.

I know folks have different views...I would like to hear up to date opinions and thoughts.

Mnay thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
Cheers Dan,

Nearest fitter on their website is an hour away. Also the boiler is getting/needs to get fitted this weekend. I will look into these as I also need a boiler in my house but that is in 2 months so Atmos could be an option

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Nowt like as bit of forward planning :LOL:

Aye! ha... You are right...was set on the Potterton as I have Baxi duotec and it has been great (3 years so far). Then my mate reccomended Viessmann......so its one of the above....any thoughts?

Cheers

Of the two, Viessmann every time, but why do you feel the need to limit yourself to these two?

Cheers Dan and Muggles,

Out of Principle Dan? bad experiences of Potterton then?

Muggles...I was set on potterton as i have a baxi duotec and am happy with it. The potterton samish as baxi (or correct me as I am probably wrong) was my first choice. Then Viessmann was suggested so thats why I am asking about those two. Also the job is starting Friday night.

As I say I have another boil to get fitted in a wee while too...so am open to suggestions for that one.

Cheers for the replies, it is appreciated

Shocking design, shocking quality, shocking service, shocking attitude.

Things may be better now, but I don't reward that level of incompetence.

Ideal boilers the same.

Wow Dan you must have strong feelings, noted matey. Did they just stitch you up and treat you like dirt then? Happens too often...swines take your cash and slam the door in your face. (I hate you LLOYDS BANK!!!!!!!!) I am intrigued by the Atmos for the next job so I will be looking into that too.

ok of for a red wine...any one want one? its a lovely Rioja

Potterton Suprima anyone?

A name that will live in infamy along with Isar, Keston, Thelia 623 and a few others :evil:

All just personal opinion of course.

Opinions are what I am after..cheers

Suprima :evil: (just so i look like i know what i am on about!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back