yew tree turning yellow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small yew tree (1m) in a largish pot and have noticed it is slowly beginning to turn bronze/yellowy brown. Anyone know a cure for this? I'm thinking of removing all the soil and adding fresh stuff. Is there anything else I could add to try and bring it back to it's normal evergreen colour?

Oh, and it's not been neglected or anything; regular watering, sunny spot for half the day, not exposed site etc etc.

Sponsored Links
Are all the leaves going yellow - or is it just the new growth that is yellow? New growth is a bit yellowy in colour. Do you feed it fertiliser? - if not give it some.

No, it's not new growth. It seems to be the whole plant is going a shade of bronze. I've been told it might be down to either: soil is getting water logged, or the soil is draining too quickly and the tree is drying out. I thought yellowing was down to a mineral deficiency, namely Magnesium. Might try some epsome salts, or repotting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back