Your Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Six out of the first seven topics showing in Your Projects this morning are questions, that belong in other forums (some have already been moved), so the warning not to post questions in that forum obviously needs to be more prominent or more strongly worded. Or both.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
Same with this one.

I still favour the simple removal of them, with a message from the Mod asking the person to post it in the right place.

Not as a punishment, but as a valuable lesson in the importance of paying attention.

Same with this one.

I still favour the simple removal of them, with a message from the Mod asking the person to post it in the right place.

Not as a punishment, but as a valuable lesson in the importance of paying attention.
That's not the quickest and most effective way to get the post moved and the question answered.

Cheers
Richard

No, but it's the quickest and most effective way to teach the poster the importance of paying attention.

Sponsored Links
I disagree.

People die because other people don't pay attention - it is a vital life skill, the importance of which should be reinforced.

What about posts with poor grammar/spelling/punctuation? I suppose you'll claim that that doesn't matter either.

I disagree.

People die because other people don't pay attention - it is a vital life skill, the importance of which should be reinforced.

What about posts with poor grammar/spelling/punctuation? I suppose you'll claim that that doesn't matter either.
Whatever your views, this clearly isn't a teaching-people-the-importance-of-paying-attention forum. If it were, it would be called "Teaching-people-the-importance-of-paying-attention-not". It isn't, it's called DIYnot.

Come to think of it, why is it called DIYnot? The name almost suggests you shouldn't do it yourself, which isn't really the ethos of the forum, some posters notwithstanding.

Cheers
Richard

To clarify: we will never delete a thread that's been posted in the wrong forum by accident, we will always endeavour to move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back