You're Beautiful

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
James Blunt song deployed in latest musical move to repel protesters in New Zealand (msn.com)

New Zealand authorities have turned to the music of James Blunt in their latest musical effort to move protesters camped outside parliament.

The demonstrators, who are angry about COVID-19 vaccine mandates, were initially bombarded with Barry Manilow's greatest hits - plus the 1990s dance tune Macarena - all played on a loop from one of parliament's loudspeakers.

But on Saturday evening UK time, British musician Blunt tweeted an offer of help.

Sharing a news story about the protesters being blasted with the sounds of Manilow, he wrote: "Give me a shout if this doesn't work @NZPolice".

A few hours later, it appeared his offer had been accepted, with the star's most famous hit You're Beautiful being played over the loudspeaker.

Protesters seemed undeterred, however, singing other songs over the hit, and dancing in the rain.

Sponsored Links
I recall when the Americans invaded Panama

and that Panamanian bloke took refuge in the catholic bishops residence the Americans would not enter to get him
So they bombarded the residence with 24 / 7 Rock music

in an attempt to get him to come out

Some years ago a group of us from work used to go out on the lash on a Friday night. We would often sleep over at one of the group's houses because it was closer to town. Due to our over indulgence we were usually a little slow to get up and leave the next day. He used to solve the problem by putting Kylie on loud so it could be heard throughout the house. Worked every time. :eek:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I recall when the Americans invaded Panama

and that Panamanian bloke took refuge in the catholic bishops residence the Americans would not enter to get him
So they bombarded the residence with 24 / 7 Rock music

in an attempt to get him to come out

Noriega?

Back