Zanussi DX6453

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi DX6453 where the "end" light flashes and the machine continually tries to drain, even when all the water has gone. I've read in the forums here about blocked pipes, float switches etc, but have no idea where to start or where to look for the problems.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Just to add to the above, if I fill the machine with water it drains OK, but as I said, continues to try and drain.

Thanks

Sounds like water on the baseplate...you have a leak :(
Lean the machine forward to run the water off the baseplate (use towels) then try a re-start.

Sounds like water on the baseplate...you have a leak :(
Lean the machine forward to run the water off the baseplate (use towels) then try a re-start.

When you say lean it forward and use towels I assume you mean water will run out of the machine onto the floor where the towels are?

If there is a leak where is it likely to be?

Thanks for the reply.

Sponsored Links
Yes use towels to soak up the mess. If there is water on the baseplate it will run out when you lean it over...strange stuff gravity.
Popular places for leaks are wash motor seals & hoses. But you really need to run the machine with the side-plates off to pin it down. If you need further info post the PNC number on the door sticker, it should be something close to this...911915116/00.

Yes use towels to soak up the mess. If there is water on the baseplate it will run out when you lean it over...strange stuff gravity.
Popular places for leaks are wash motor seals & hoses. But you really need to run the machine with the side-plates off to pin it down. If you need further info post the PNC number on the door sticker, it should be something close to this...911915116/00.

Thanks Zipper, that's cured it. Not sure I got all the water out as there was lots more than I expected!!

Is there not an easier/less messy way? Some sort of drain plug or similar?

And the PNC is exactly as you quoted (but without /00)

Thanks again.

Gary

The only way to drain water off the baseplate is to lean the dishwasher over & mop up the mess afterwards.
I don't want to rain on your parade but the problem will reoccur once enough water has leaked onto the baseplate. When it does you need to identify the source of the leak. Post on the same thread if you need further assistance. Good luck :D

The only way to drain water off the baseplate is to lean the dishwasher over & mop up the mess afterwards.
I don't want to rain on your parade but the problem will reoccur once enough water has leaked onto the baseplate. When it does you need to identify the source of the leak. Post on the same thread if you need further assistance. Good luck :D

Where would the most common place be of the leak?

I start by taking off the side panels & top then what am I looking for?

Thanks

I guess it did rain on your parade after all :(
The more panels you remove the easier it is to find a leak. I know this sounds like a huge undertaking, but trust me it isn't that bad. Pull the plug. If you can get the machine out of its hole without disconnecting or damaging the hoses do that & empty any water on the baseplate. Remove the top if it has one & the side plates. Open the door, remove the 3 screws each side & take off the arched front panel . Remove the metal plinth plate directly below the door. With all that done you should have a good view of most things that can leak. Then run a cycle & observe for leaks. Popular places are wash motor seals & hoses. Your machine has a removable baseplate which makes changing out most components very easy. Remember; water & electricity don't mix well. Post back if anything is unclear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back