Zanussi FJS1225W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our washing machine recently began to shake more than normal during spin cycle & I have replaced the shock absorbers which improved things, but at low spin speeds it still shakes more than previously. Should I have replaced the top springs at the same time as the dampers or could this be an early indication of bearing failure? There is about 2mm end float but no slop when moving the inner drum, or could it be something different all together. The weights seem to be ok, ie. not loose or cracked. Thanks

Sponsored Links
im here :) have you ruled out a crack in drum surport .what do you mean 2mm end float, if the drum dont lift up and down first signs of bearings or surport worn .

I have not checked drum support, do you mean inner or outer & where is it please, the drum assembly seems to float between the top springs & the shock absorbers & I cannot see any other means of support. When I say end float I mean that the inner drum will move 2mm horizontally from back to front inside the outer drum, it will not move up or down.Would you normally change the springs with the shock absorbers or not? Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
drum surport is attacted to the inner drum at the back . if you got play on the inner drum its bearings or drum surport /spider gone, total strip down im not sure if the inner drum is bolted or spot welded to the surport.i would scrap it ,the top springs dont need changeing when you do the legs .

Thanks Rocks 1, it is the shaft on the drum support spider that is very slightly worn, obviously enough to allow the inner drum to scuff the inside of the outer drum when loaded.Unfortunately a new one is not available without buying a complete drum, so as you said not really an economical repair. :( Thanks for the info

Thanks Rocks 1, it is the shaft on the drum support spider that is very slightly worn, obviously enough to allow the inner drum to scuff the inside of the outer drum when loaded.Unfortunately a new one is not available without buying a complete drum, so as you said not really an economical repair. :( Thanks for the info

yes shaft on the drum support is very worn time for a new mc , me thinks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back