Zanussi FJS1397 jetsystem - 'jet' intermittent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have searched but can't find any info anywhere on this so far. My zanussi jetsystem is 'jetting' intermittently and making a bit of a crackle each time the jetsystem clicks on and off - I use the on/off switch to get it going but it can often just cuts out when started, or reduces to a dribble. It doesn't appear to come from the pump at the front (had it on its back to locate the bits) but somewhere down at the back. With the reduced amount of water hitting the clothes in the drum - I'm suspecting it's not washing or rinsing properly!

Only have access to my user manual and no info in there. Done some major googling but can't find a thing. Perhaps it's the technical terms letting me down. Hubby willing to have a bash at it before we get another - it's 5 years old (ish), done lots of work, but otherwise is working fine. Some help in the right direction gratetfully appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Your machine has two pumps, one at the front is the drain pump, the one halfway along the side is the circulation pump.

Unplug your appliance before working on it

Thanks for the info. Got brave, read up as much as we could by googling and took the pump to bits once we found out how to get at it! Found a small button in the pump - just big enough to obstruct the outflow! How it got past the filter I don't know!

Brill site - thanks for the help. Very pleased tonight!

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back