zanussi nexus seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, i have a zanussi nexus, sounds like a bra wire is stuck inside, but when i lifted the edge of the door seal, the large spring loop came off along with the seal, now i cannot see in which slot the spring loop goes to get the seal back on !! can anyone help me please

Sponsored Links
fitting a zanussi seal without practice is a pig of a job. first of all you must make sute that the seal itself is firmly seated to the wash tub. once you have done that then you must put the spring around the seal as far on as possible. you may find it helpful to tilt the whole machine back to get more space. also turn the front of the seal in on itself. then having got it on as far as you can ( three arms are helpful ) you then roll it into place around the tub lip.
if you can manage all of this in under 20 mins for a first time then you're doing great.

thanks, what do you mean by turning the front of the seal in on itself? should i do this before i attempt to fit it?
cheers
dave

the most difficult bit is trying to get the seal to stay on, as soon as i get quarter of the way round it pops off again?
thanks
dave

Sponsored Links
Try poking screwed up tissue or kitchen roll between the seal and the concrete ring to wedge the first section of seal in place before attempting to ease the next bit on. You can use the same technique to secure part of the retaining spring when fitting that.

hi, has anyone got a picture of a seal in situ so i know i am putting it in the right place?
cheers :oops:

sorry but no. i told you it was a pig of a job. if you've got the seal off completely then look at the edge which mates with the tub. at the extreme edge of the seal you'll notice an overlap. this must be overlapped to the lip on the front of your plastic wash tub. i.e your wash tub should be sandwiched between the door seal. you will also se a little pointer on the seal rim. ideally this will point upwards.

keith (and anyone else that answered)- you are an absolute diamond, as soon as i had a good look at the seal, i could see how it fitted, took me about quarter of an hour altogether, used a small dowel with some paper packing to jam the spring - worked a treat. And guess what? i removed the top filler hose and the bloody bra wire was just sat there looking at me, if only i had looked there first !!
anyway, i don't think there is a bit of my machine that i haven't looked at now!
once again - MANY MANY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP
DAVE.

you're welcome. in fact the first thing i do is shine a bright light inside the cabinet and stick my head in the drum to look for a silhouette of whatever is stuck. on many occasions a bra wire can be removed through the little holes in the drum.

cheers, tried that but it was half way up the filler at the top, any way, once again....many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back