Zanussi oven randomly cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Zanussi oven (Model ZDM891W) and the top oven randomly cuts out.

A repair guy came out and changed the fan on the oven but the top oven is still cutting out randomly.

Could this be a thermostat or a safety cutout?

Any hints on how to troubleshoot this or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Martin

Sponsored Links
Yes it could be either of those components, but finding intermitent faults can be extremely difficult. What actually happens, does it go completely cold or not reach temperature. Is there any indication that the power supply is ok when the fault occours? Throwing parts at it can be an expensive cure so you need to be able to fault find with a multi meter. You might have a good look for loose or burnt wires, but I would have thought the other guy would have done that.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The oven doesn't lose temperature it cuts out, the oven light goes out along with the display. After a while it comes back on (I assume when it's cooled down) and the clock has to be reset.

I think the Engineer was working on swapping the most obvious parts first, which as you said is a pretty expensive troubleshooting method. The problem is knowing if any other Engineer is actually identifying the fault or just working by a process of elimination.

Thanks
Martin

Is this only happening when using part of the appliance, as it sounds more like you may have a problem with the supply rather than the oven. Have you checked the connections & wiring at the isolator & back of the oven. Is it on an independant supply or off the ring main?

Sponsored Links
Twin ovens are on an independent electric supply. Bottom small oven has not gone off on its own. Top large oven goes off or light goes out at random times sometimes when it goes off it comes back on after a short time, other times it switches everything off and has to be re set and re started. The switching off only seems to happen once the large oven has been running at its set temperature for a while. I am leaning towards a random fault in the thermostat although the prblem does not seem to happen at any specific temperature on each occasion.

Any suggestions welcome after three callouts of an engineer who tested everything he could without finding fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back