Zanussi tumble dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The four lights on the fascia of Our Zanussi TDE4224 W Tumble dryer indicating,drying,cooling,end of programme and anti-creasing are lighting one after the other when the appliance is switched on and then just continually cycle from one to the other while power is switched on. However, the dryer itself will not work. Can anyone suggest a reason for what could be causing this malfunction.
DAVID

Sponsored Links
Can you post the PNC number on the door sticker? It should be close to this: 916092452/01.
Are the LED's flashing in turn left to right....or right to left?

Hello Zipper, thank you for responding: the No Is 91678200/00 and the lights went sequentially left to right. I say went because when i went to check a few minutes ago it seemed to have corrected itself as the dryer was working normally. However, i would imagine that there had to be a reason for the temporary malfunction and that there still remains the potential for whatever caused it to cause it again some time in the future. If you feel that you can suggest a possible cause I would be very happy to hear it.

David

It looks like quite an old model you have, around 9 - 10 years as far as I can see. The LED's behave as you describe only when the following faults occur during a cycle; NTC failure (O/C or shorted) the program aborts & LED's flash in sequence from right to left...When the LED's flash in sequence in the opposite direction (left to right) it means the signal from the program selector is not recognized by the electronics. This could be caused by something as simple as a poor contact on the timer. Zero (0) position on your program selector doubles as a reset function. So if you get either of the above alarms you can reset by turning the selector to 0, then reselect a new drying program. I would run the machine on different programs to see if the fault reoccurs. But I suspect the problem may simply be down to good old wear & tear on the timer contacts. If this is the case then a timed drying sequence is unlikely to be affected. An interesting one...let us know how this pans out.

Sponsored Links
many thanks for the information Zipper. I'll keep you informed.

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back