Zanussi w/d not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if you can help??
I have an aprox 4 year old Zanussi WJD 1667 W washer dryer, which is not draining automatically.

I got my manual out, drained the water through the filter hatch, cleaned the filter (a bit clogged) checked the drain hose (all clear). It then finished its programme without any more problems(it even pumped/drained itself on the rinse cycle).

Solved I thought, just a bit of fluff in the filter.... err nope... :rolleyes:

On the next wash it did the main wash, then came up with the E20 error (drain or filter problem) so I went though the same process and it carried on until it got part way through the rinse cycle - I started to drain it and the pump kicked into action.

Now each wash I'm having to drain it manually through the filter hatch, whereby when I empty it sufficiently, it carries on 'til it needs draining again.

Can you provide any guidance as to what I should try next ?

Do you know of any known faults with this model/range?

Regards

Jo

Sponsored Links
You either have something stuck in the pump or the pump is on its last legs. The pump is clipped into the filter housing but the housing has to be partially lifted from the base of the machine in order to slide the pump out. The motor half of the pump is a universal type and should not be too expensive to renew.

Thanks for that info, is this something I/my partner could do (he's quite mechanically minded) or do we need to get an engineer in?

Where would we be able find out what parts to get the part(s) from.

You mentioned that
The motor half of the pump is a universal type and should not be too expensive to renew
Does this mean that you think we won't have to replace the whole pump just the motor part?

Sponsored Links
There are several parts distributors who supply these pumps without the cover section. They are made by Plaset or Askoll, the same as the original but will be branded Homespare, Qualtex, Electruepart, Invicta etc. Alternatively, I often use a Hotpoint pump, part number 1604092 as these also fit the Zanussi but are usually cheaper. I have described how the pump is removed, the cover is then held on with 3 screws which may be the Torx type.

Hi there,

I have the same problem and was wondering if replacing the part has solved the problem?

Mine is a year and a bit old (just past the warranty.....grrrr!) Zanussi WJD 1257 W. I have to manually drain it every now and again to kick start it. Took out the drainage pump, but couldn't seem to see any blockage. After putting it back it worked fine.......for a bit. I suspect its only working intermittently?

It would be great to hear if you managed to sort yours out!

Many Thanks

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back