Zanussi WJD 1667 W Washer-Dryer - not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've got a Zanussi WJD 1667 W Washer-Dryer thats taking a long time to do its dry cycle. Theres no e20 codes and the fluff filter on the front is clear. It drains fine on the wash cycles.

I've seen some other old posts talk about cleaning out the condenser filter. Anyone got any ideas and also any info on how to access the condenser filter and location etc

Thanks in advance
:idea:

Sponsored Links
condensors don't have a filter, its the condendsor it self that gets full of fluf. at hotpoint wwe used to change them

You will need to remove the rear half of the cabinet ,the condenser is underneath the dryer fan motor.

Sponsored Links
It appears the only way to remove the rear half of the cabinet is to split it in two from the sides. Any suggestions on best way to approach that.

Have had the top off and it seems like its not straight forward but I'm reasonably competent with this sort of stuff.

tks.

you will need a 8mm socket,two screws behind plastic covers at bottom of cabinet three or four along the bottom ,one into the fan motor casing and four at the top under the lid.The water valves unclip.

Hi,
thanks for the assistance. Managed to remove the condenser/container and clean it out using a piece of wire and hoover.

For anyone else out there who may need to do this:

Didn't need to undo the water pipes as managed to slacken off the fan assembly enough to seperate the plastic container from the underside of the fan. Then managed to release the lower section of the container (easiest to slide a screwdriver down the side from the top rather than prising the wedge from underneath). You can then unscrew the jubilee type clip that secures the rubber seal bewteen the plastic container and the base of the drum exterior.
A wire coat hanger or similar with a hook on the end is useful for cleaning out the container.

Its all back together again and on a quick test the dryer appears to be fine again. Will confirm later on a proper cycle.

Thanks again - much more useful than an alternative forum that I also asked for help.

i know its a bit late now but you could also try to run it under a pressure washer.

did you get a lot of "stuff" out?

I did run it under the shower nozzle without the head on and a finger on the end (didn't want to chance it in the kitchen in case it sprayed everywhere).

I guess there was quite a bit in there but it wasn't completely full by any standards and I didn't think that it was bad enough initially to be causing so much loss of heat.
I suppose there was a lot down the end nearest to the drum. There was some stuck in the little side tube piece at the top as well which I eventually managed to dislodge with a piece of wire through the large hole initially and then with the wire bent going in through the top hole and hooking back up into the corner.
Is that side piece important to the operation - I can't understand them putting something so complicated into the design if it has no useful purpose.

kgaf said:
I can't understand them putting something so complicated into the design if it has no useful purpose.

that covers the whole w/d then :LOL:

Hi - I know this is an old post - I have a ZWD 1472S and this works just the same.

I used this site yrs ago for central heating problems and got top notch advice. Changed my P.C and lost the link for a while but found it again recently posting for condenser blockage problems.

Another site gave my wrong info and after practically taking the machine apart I was ready to buy a new washer/dryer.

So thanks for all the info as i'm now £400 better off - although "Him in doors" was paying for the new machine and has happily gone to the pub to spend his savings whilst I'm at home catching up on the backlog of washing.

Oh a woman's work is never done :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back