Zanussi Washer Dryer WJD 1667 W is not drying!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Zanussi WJD 1667 W - I'm having a problem with the drying too (like many others with problems it would seem).

Normally, you can hear the motor for the fan to dry kick in, but it has just suddenly stopped doing this.

I've had the top panel off the machine and felt the heater unit when the machine is operating in a drying cycle and this is not getting warm either. The motor with the belt at the rear right corner of the machine (when you are looking at it from the front of the machine), I can see is also not rotating.

Question is, does the heating unit for the drier that leads from the back to the front of the drum cut out if the drier fan motor burns out? i.e., does the whole fan and heating element circuit cut out when either fails?

Just for info, when set to operate on a drying cycle, the drum still rotates and drainage continues but nothing else strange is happening.

Also, could it be anything to do with the electronic circuit board? or perhaps a solenoid on the inlet valve as another post-er has mentioned?

I am not getting any E10 code either, so could this be a problem too?

Without professional equipment, this is difficult to diagnose, and I don't want to be paying for different parts if none are going to work.

Product number is 914 601 817 00
Serial is 25000098

Some guidance on this before any great expense would be really helpful if anyone could please.

Thanks

A.

++++++++++
Welcome to the forums.

I have deleted your duplicate post. Please have a look at the Forum Rules.

Mod Rupert
++++++++++

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back