Zanussi washing machine door interlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
URGENT - PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE

We have a Zannussi FJ1093 washing machine. It is quite old (8 years maybe) but we have kept it covered under a breakdown insurance policy.

The door interlock mechanism has broken so we can't open the door at the end of a cycle. The handle feels 'wrong' as though something is broken inside. Called for service but no availability until 31 December when we are away on holiday. Desperately need to get something sorted before then.

How can I get access to the drum to remove clothes in there?

Also is there a way of bypassing the interlock mewchanism so we can continue to use machine until it can be repaired.

Sponsored Links
URGENT - PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE

We have a Zannussi FJ1093 washing machine. It is quite old (8 years maybe) but we have kept it covered under a breakdown insurance policy.

The door interlock mechanism has broken so we can't open the door at the end of a cycle. The handle feels 'wrong' as though something is broken inside. Called for service but no availability until 31 December when we are away on holiday. Desperately need to get something sorted before then.

How can I get access to the drum to remove clothes in there?

Also is there a way of bypassing the interlock mewchanism so we can continue to use machine until it can be repaired.

Found this thread and tried the lenghth of string solution. It worked a treat to bypass the interlock. The plastic catch is broken so I need a replacement.

Fantastic resource this forum. Many thanks to Snowflake99.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back