Zanussi WDJ - 1294 - now sorted thank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi jetsystem turbodry 1200 WDJ - 1294.

Its around 7 years old and has work perfectly until today !
When a wash cycle (of any kind) is started the program selector dial just clicks though each one spending around 20 to 30 seconds on each until it reaches program 'A' and stops.

My wife mentioned that the last load of washing that came out was covered in fluff and that the machine had suddenly moved forward about 2 inches during the spin cycle but thats not so unusual as it sits on a wooden floor.

Anyone got any suggestions or had the same problem ?

Any help will be welcome otherwise its a big wedge of cash for a new one - :(

Sponsored Links
I would start by checking the motor brushes as the electronics may be detecting a motor fault and resetting the timer.

Thanks for the reply Fido.

I 've not had chance to have a proper look at things yet however I have moved the thing out just to see what access I can get. When I moved it the was a metal disc on the floor. From one side it looks like a washer about 3.5 cm in diameter. On the other side it has 8 prongs at about 60 degs pointing outwards.

Can anyone tell me where this fits? If you can would this cause the problems I am having with the machine?

Sorry if this is a bit basic but I am new to the insides of a washing machine !!!!!

Any help, guidance or advice will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that Breezer.

Could this coming off cause the problem that I first described?

Kipster, firstly, IM NOT AN EXPERT, but FIDo helped to fix my zanussi the past 3 days - this is a great site... saved me HUNDREDS of pounds! :LOL:

Anyhow, right at the BOTTOM, i.e. underneath the washer is the motor, and on one end is a coil (round plastic thing with wires coming out of it. It is supposed to sit in a metal circular frame.

Put it back in, and fit the metal star washer over it. before you do, check the magnet is fully screwed in tight first.

You can also use some astic/glue/sealant to hold the washer/tacho in as well if you like.

This is all the advice I received from Fido.

Good luck!

Shaun

Shaun,

Thanks for you advice and guidance. Simple instructions work well with me !!!!

When I moved the washer out fully to look at the motor the other half of the coil casing was also on the floor with the magnet. All back on and works a treat again. :D

Fido and Breezer, thanks for your input aswell,

Kipster

eeeh, I feel like a pro !

lol...

guess I'm just riding the waves of someone elses experience!

it's nice though to know that the internet CAN be useful!

Shaun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back