zanussi will not spin / drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To the moderator who removed my post on this subject - sorry! I read through the rules and it seems I hy-jacked another post, so I will try again!

My Zanussi excel 1250 will not drain the water at the end of cycle.
Through reading another post on the subject (the one I hy-jacked, Sorry!) I have cleaned the filter as I have done a few times as we use the machine a lot!! (family of five) I have also looked at the brushes, they are have about 1 inch of carbon left on them. I can drain the water form the filter at the front of the machine and it will also flow freely from the hose at the rear.
When I put the machine onto drain it just sits there buzzing quietly.

Any suggestions welcome.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You need to remove the pump and check if the impellor has broken off or something is caught in the pump. On these machines the pump is fitted to the filter housing, which has to be prised upwards from the plastic chassis base. When the housing is lifted about 10mm you can pull the pump off and dismantle it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back