Zanussi WJS 1265W fills with water when switched off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Woke up this morning to a flooded utility room! The machine, although switched off had continued to fill with water and was overflowing from the open drum door.

Have isolated the water supply to the machine as a temporary solution but does anyone know what the problem might be and whether this is a simple fix please?

Also, while I'm asking the machine does not always start when the start button is pressed. Instead of getting the timer displayed, we get three dashes. It normally clears itself after three or four attempts but is a bit of a pain. Can live with this for the time being if necessary as don't want to spend too much on a 10 year old machine but just thought I'd ask!

Can't really afford to replace machine just yet unless I really have to.

Sponsored Links
If the water was clean it has to be the inlet valve as for the other fault my guess is the connection to the display board at the front needs cleaning as this was common on that model and gives the fault your getting

This is often caused by a bit of dirt getting trapped in a solenoid valve. In some cases this will be flushed through the next time the machine is used and it will cure itself. In other cases you need to replace the valve, which is a fairly easy job. If it has both hot and cold fill you have to determine which one is letting water through. You can do this simply by observation. Turn one of the supply valves back on and leave the machine for a few hours with the door shut. If there is no water in the drum, turn off the valve and repeat the process with the other valve.

Sponsored Links
Replaced the cold water fill valve and cleaned the terminals for the display board as suggested. 1 week on all seems to be OK.
Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back