Zanussi ZJD1219 - Very noisy spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I think there must be a bearing going due to the increasingly loud noise made during spin cycles. I haven't taken a look yet but does anyone know the best way to dismantle and check whether front or rear bearing (I assume there will be play) need replacing.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think you may be confusing things. There are 2 bearings and a seal, but they are mounted at the pulley end of the tub. There is no bearing at the front of the machine. Changing the bearings is a major (and expensive) job. Definitely not for the faint hearted. The whole tub has to be taken out & split to get access. Open the machine door & check the drum for up & down play. Then take off the drive belt & spin the drum by hand to check for a rumbling noise. If you find either (and you will) maybe you ought to forget a repair & put the money towards a new machine. Either that or simply run it into the ground until it dies...then buy a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back