Zanussi ZKI245 Wont start cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Zunussi ZKI245 that wont start its cycle.

When I select a cycle, press start, the door locks and the pump activates, then the digital flashes once and the start stop button flashes continuously but nothing else happens.

If you pick another cycle, the door will eventually unlock.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is this a washer/dryer?
Does it show any error code in the display?
Check the pump filter for blockages, if that is clear post the PNC number on the door sticker. A photo of the control panel would also help.

Thanks for your reply. It is a washer dryer and the model number is 914606103 01. There is no error code, so dont really know what to do next.

The sequence is as follows:

1. Door closed
2. Power on
3. Select cycle 90 cotton wash
4. 1400 spin LED lights up solid green, duration displays 2.25 and start/pause button LED flashed green
5. Press start, start/pause button LED goes solid green. Tick sound as door locks and key LED goes solid green. Duration flicks from 2.25 to 0 and back to 2.25 as pump starts up for a few seconds. Start/pause button goes back to green flashing and nothing else happens.
6. Door stays locked.
7. Start/pause stays flashing and does do anything if pressed (we dont go back to step 5 - just nothing.)

Thanks

Ok...I will assume you have a rotary program selector (there are many fascia versions, that's why a photo would have been handy).
Run a diagnostic sequence as follows:
Turn the machine off. Press & hold the start/pause button + the nearest option button to it. Turn the program selector 1 position clockwise (while still holding in the buttons). Release the buttons as soon as the display changes. Turn the program slowly 9 more positions clockwise (to pos 10).
Once at position 10 you should see an error code in the display. Post it here.....

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks! I followed your instructions and I have E31 displayed with a red flashing led on the start/pause button

Thanks again

Chris

E31 points to a faulty pressostat, defective wiring, or pcb issue.
From experience....9 times out of 10 an E31 fault ends up being a pcb problem :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back