zanussi zwd 16581 - my third Zanussi in three months. Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having terrible time with Washer Dryers.

First one (a different model) the control board (think that's what it's called) was eventually found to be at fault. Before that Zanussi tried to persuade me it was inadequate plumbing that was causing the intermittent faults (cycles mostly just wouldn't complete and it sat with 1 minute on the timer for hours and hours if you let it..also timer going mad as below. In the end it just stopped working completely)

After a second machine - which sounded like a space rocket with a high piercing shriek when it spun (sent it back) ... I"m now on my third!

Now this one is sticking again (it was delivered two days ago) on the Eco Cotton cycle. It looks as if it's simply not washing the clothes at all. They barely move. The timer moves from 2 hours 20 to 1 hour 20 to 40 minutes in a few minutes - then it sticks at 1 minute and like the other just sits making a grinding noise until I stop it.

I"m tearing my hair out and beginning to think I"m going mad!

Could it be my plumbing? Plumber says 350 quid to re-do it ...and no guarantee that the machine will work then?

BTW - My 16 year old Zanussi happily worked for the last 2 and a half years with this plumbing but think new machines fuzzy logic makes them rather sensitive chaps?

Please any advice.....I've already spend three months and four hundred quid and don't want to spend 350 on re-plumbing to find that doesn't work either....

:(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back