Zanussi ZWD12270W Washing machine ED4 error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have been told the error code ED4 means it could be either the main board, heater board or the heating element. I was also told it's commonly the heater element. Our machine is an ZWD12270W

The NTC appears to be fine as it reacts to temperature change. Tested with .a multimeter on ohms range. The element itself measured to be 30ohms.

I have two questions

1) does this mean the element isn't at fault and it's one of the controller boards? I was hoping it will be the element since don't really want to try troubleshooting the pcb. I'm not an engineer. Therefore I was going to just check any relays actually work. Otherwise leave it at that. I would say beyond that, it's not really serviceable by your average electronics geek.

2) Also I read the washing machine will actually work fine without it. However does this mean that the washing machine will be washing with cold water instead? Or is the water heated up by something else?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back