Zanussi ZWD16270 washer / dryer with an E42 error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a Zanussi ZWD16270W1 with an E42 error code - "Problems with aperture of the door". It seems that this is usually due to a faulty door interlock, so bought and fitted a new one, but are still getting the same error message.

There doesn't seem to anything wrong with the catch or the hidges on the tub door.

Any suggestions as what it might be?

Could it be the wiring connections to the door interlock?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sponsored Links
Is the actuator still present on the door & not snapped off, is it actuating the switch when closed? Failing that it is indeed a problem with the wiring ( check for loose or broken connections at the switch) or a faulty pcb (check plugs are firmly seated before replacing).

Thanks for the reply. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the actuator?
There is a white button on the washing machine door which can be pressed in, apart from that, is there another way to test it?
There is also a metal catch in the washing machine door, which seems to be working as well.

Sorry I did not notice in your post that you said the catch was ok,it is also the switch actuator. It should go through the hole in the lock that you replaced & make the switch actuate & deactuate when the door is open. If you can see that happening ok then the next question is do you have a multimeter & know how to check for continuity?If so then pull out plug 1 on the main pcb & check for continuity between pins 1 & 2 with the door closed & an open cct. with the door open

Sponsored Links
If the door wasn't closing prop you would get E41 to have E42 suggest's either the door switch itself or the wiring connections have burnt out at either end or if unlucky it can mean the triac on the main pcb has failed.

Many thanks all for trying to support me.
I tried testing for continuity but inadvertently blew something, so the washing machine is well and truly shot now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back