Zanussi ZWX 1605W No power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Got a problem with the above machine went away for 5 days wife phones me up saying washing wont turn on

Just got back and have taken the top off to have a look and try and figure out what is going on.

The power on light lights up but a bit dim (can't remember if it was that dim before to be honest) no other button responds to anything though

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Assuming you have checked the plug socket then their is a blue ribbon cable between the main circuit board and the display board you need to remove the fascia and check the connection going onto the display board as this furs up over time. If that's ok then one of the boards has failed and its more likely to be the main circuit board on the side.

Cheers i have taken out the main pcb on the side and had a look for burnt tracks after what ive been reading but all looks good.

One thing i'm not too sure on though is the Interference Suppressor i followed the mains in with a multimeter but couldn't get a reading coming out of this but assume it is working as the power light is on but dim.

Can someone confirm what i should be getting out of this please before i go and buy a new washer as if it is a board then i might as well get a new machine

Sponsored Links
Just double checked and have got power going frm it and out of the power switch

guess it's time to buy a new machine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back