Zinsser BIN and Alcro Servalac Aqua Matt Täckfärg = NO GOOD?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm painting a kitchen unit (bare pine). I spot primed knots and edges using BIN and primed the rest with Zinsser 123.... For a top coat I will be using Alcro Servalac Aqua Matt Täckfärg trä & metal:

http://www.paint-paper.co.uk/Paint/...Matt-Wood-Metal-Paint-1-litre/prod_1120.html#

The guy in the shop said I would need to wait three weeks before painting over the BIN otherwise it may cause a reaction....

I was under the impression that BIN could be overcoated with almost any paint, and after a short amount of time (tin says 45 minutes).

Just wondered what people's thoughts and opinions on the are please?

Many thanks

Max

Sponsored Links
They say 1-3 days to be fully hardened so would say it would be fine after that. The best thing you could do would be to do a test area and see what the finish is like.

Three weeks sounds over-cautious to me.

I've not used the top coat product you mention, but I've applied a variety of paints over Bin 123 (as soon as it's dry) and never had any problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back