Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 to seal MDF???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am going to paint some mdf and want the finish to be durable and quality (as far as my inexpertise can achieve). Can I use zinsser bulls eye 123 to seal the mdf before I paint on the undercoat and then satinwood paint?

Last time I did similar I used an mdf sealer (which dried clear) before undercoat and worked very well but I was given this from a colleague who is no longer there and I'm not sure how to seal the mdf before painting.

I will be buying the zinsser product after I read recommendations for it to prime plastic cable trunking for emulsion which I also need to do so if it does the mdf sealing too then so much the better as I won't need to buy a separate product.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've used this product on two occasions....neither of which I expected to work particularly well.
1) Changing rosewood PVC windows to white (don't ask about that one - thought I was there for life)
2) Changing varnished pine cladding to receive satin gloss natural calico.
The results were excellent and still are.
John :)

Very encouraging. I've never heard of this stuff before reading posts on these threads.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back