Zone Valve Problem (maybe ?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I read somewhere that if the lever n a zone valve is put to the Manual position it should then move back to the Auto position when the system starts up as normally i.e. when the programmer tells it to.
On mine, I went to drain it down to clean it out and noticed the lever was in the manual position, so I left it there after the cleaning and it doesn't move back. So I have now put it to the auto position and my wife tells me the HW is now taking longer to heat up.

How can I be certain that both the HW & CH are getting their fare share on the heat ???

Sponsored Links
if it opens and closes tell the wife you have fixed it and she will be none the wiser.

Sponsored Links
well if i was to be concerned with what the wife was telling me about any technical matter she wouldnt be my wife. :D

however, if you are concerned the valve isnt opening up properly then turn off the electrics and strip it down and check that it is. the levers, im assuming this is a honeywell, often stick in one position or another and have no effect on the valve position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back