Help required re water pipes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night I changed over three sets of taps,ie kitchen sink,bath taps and separate wash hand basin taps. prior to which hot and cold supply pipes turned off prior to work. after work succesfully completed and water supply turned back on. There is now a severe vibration/shuddering coming from how water tap in the bathroom,however this tap was not one of the above mentioned taps that were changed.I and my beloved spent almost 3hours trying to cure this but to no avail. I should mention that the vibration/shuddering only lasts a second or two. Any suggestions gratefully received

MOD

moved as posted in wrong forum

Sponsored Links
kingston1 said:
Last night I changed over three sets of taps,ie kitchen sink,bath taps and separate wash hand basin taps.

That'll be water hammer :p Does it do it when you close every tap or just some?

This problem only occurs when the hot tap in bathroom sink is turned on too quick,when vibration/shudder stops water flows from tap normally,and re the second question hot water is supplied by combi boiler

Sponsored Links
It might get better by itself, if it's being caused by a small amount of air caught in the pipe , which allows a "bounce". Ultimately you can get wee shock absorbers to put in the pipe for about a tenner.

:rolleyes: I get around but not as far North as you .....If the tap is a conventional one...fit a new washer.They can cause lots 0` noise. worse than bagpipes :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back