Motorised Valves - High Temperature?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered a replacement Sunvic SZ2301F actuator from my local plumbers merchants and when I came to collect it, I was supplied with a Sunvic SZ2301.

Apparently the 'F' signifies that it is suitable for high temperature applications. When I queried this, I was told that they had requested a SZ2301F and were advised that the SZ2301 should be OK.

Can anyone advise? The last thing I want to do is replace the actuator only for the new one to fail - although funnily enough, the reason for the replacement is that the microswitch on the SZ2301F has failed - could this be due to high temperature?!

The motorised valve is located in the airing cupboard.

Thank in advance.

Sponsored Links
I should have mentioned that the installation notes state that the ambient temperature of the SZ2301 must not exceed 52 degrees C.

Sponsored Links
The highest I've recorded in the last couple of hours is 32 degrees C.

The heating and hot water have not been on much today though, so I'll keep on eye on it tonight.

I'm guessing that the maximum it will reach will be 40 degrees C, but if that is the case why was the high temperature variant fitted at installation and why do Sunvic produce the high temperature model.

Surely no airing cupboard reaches in excess of 52 degrees C - or do they?

Thanks for your comments John.

I'm very much an amateur with this sort of thing, and just want to be sure! :rolleyes:

The guy at the shop says it will work ....... You don't believe him ...... Go get a "F" model ...... I dunno how much you paid, but this site on ye net does em for £25.36 + Vat ....... Groovy ..... That way everyone is happy ....... Sept the plumbing place guy ...... Rough old world innit :mrgreen:

The chap at the plumbing merchants gave me absolutely no confidence as he was obviously not a plumber and was simply helping out on the front desk and therefore just passing on information.

I posted on here in the hope that someone who actually fits these things would have an opinion.

Anyone?

Just to let you know that I stuck with the SZ2301 in the end!

After looking at the other motorised valve (ACL Drayton) in the airing cupboard, I noticed that it also stated that the ambient temperature must not exceed 52 degrees C.

On that basis, I fitted the SZ2301 with a bit more confidence!

Why bother posting?

The reason for updating my posts is to help others that may have similar questions, if you're so clever why didn't you advise to have a look at the other motorised valve.

At least if someone else has a similar problem, they won't have to post a question and put up with your sarcastic replies.

I like to think things through before starting work, I hate having to redo a job. Perhaps you should follow this philosophy and you may not get as many problems as you appear to have.

Why bother posting?

The reason for updating my posts is to help others that may have similar questions, if you're so clever why didn't you advise to have a look at the other motorised valve.

At least if someone else has a similar problem, they won't have to post a question and put up with your sarcastic replies.

I like to think things through before starting work, I hate having to redo a job. Perhaps you should follow this philosophy and you may not get as many problems as you appear to have.

Giza kiss :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back