Salus Motorised valves

SMG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had 3, MV222, 2 port motorised valves fitted about 18 months ago. Since then, all 3, & 2 of the replacements have failed, all with the same fault, duff actuators. I contacted Salus by e mail & sent them a bit of an angry mail, telling them their actuators were a load of crap.

I was amazed when they replied, agreeing with me, & informed me that they had indeed had a batch of faulty heads, & that they had re-designed the units using better parts. They sent me 3 complete valves with actuators, & 1 spare actuator.

All 3 are now replaced, & I hope thats the end of it.

Sponsored Links
The valve body was/is good but the actuators had plastic gears and cheap synchron motors. They new these actuators were 5hit but carried on selling them :evil: The replacements have metal gears and a far better motor, (they claim) so hopefully they will last a little longer than the few weeks some failed in.

Strange thing is they make valves for the market leaders and produced cheap 5hite for themselves :rolleyes: .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back