PCB

JDC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a new PCB for my Potterton Suprima 40 boiler, this has been diagnosed by my engineer and after changing countless other bits first. However I don't want to pay the £180ish for a new one, does anyone know where I can get a re-conditioned one?

Sponsored Links
I just posted one to another forum member. They won't let me put my email address here, you have to find my name in the list of messages and look at my "profile". Now that my email address is available to webcrawlers I'm getting loads of spam :evil:

Hi there, I offer a service of repairing boiler control boards, washing machine / dishwasher control boards and gas tumble dryer ignition boards.
Am about to do a mailshot to hundreds of engineers in my database. Would you like a quote for it to be repaired?

You could remove the pcb and examine it for poorly soldered joints, usually where the terminal posts are located and attempt re-soldering.
There is a firm in watford who can repair for about £35 plus postage (£10?) www.cetltd.com.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
JDC,

You can usually find brand new Potterton Suprima PCBs on eBay, for a fraction of the RRP.

For instance HERE, or from a search like THIS.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I realised from the initials, after posting, that this WAS the person whom I sold a pcb!
Refurbished ones from CET come to £62.275 with carriage and vat. They say "Items are repaired and reconditioned on a “best endeavour” basis." Hmmm. In other words you get bits taken from various boards, then they have a go at testing them without knowing how Pottertton do it. We see a lot of early failures on refurbed boards, not surprisingly. They can, arguably, make sense on very old boilers. It's illegal to use them of course!

I charged £70 including 1st class recorded del and Paypal (credit card) charge, for a new board still sealed in its box. That's about what I get for them on ebay - though some do better. I am NOT the "chrisxxxx" who sells there. And mine aren't stolen, which "xxxxxxxxxx"'s are!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back