Rome airport closed. easyJet customers diverted

Min

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of Rome's airports is being closed to enforce the no fly zone over a funeral. easyJet and Ryan Air flights are being diverted to another airport 130 miles away. Buses are being laid on but passengers have to pay for them.

Presumably any insurance claims will be denied as it's an act of God.

Sponsored Links
Well if its anything like RyanAir's Stockholm service, 130 miles from the Airport should be somewhere right about St.Peters Square.....

Or 260 miles away, obviously......

That would be Ciampino airport I would think. Still, if the airport they are diverting to is Romes other airport (Fiumicino) that can only be a good thing as that is much nearer the city!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Would be OK if that's where they were diverted to. But the distance quoted suggests different. No way is Fiumicino as much as 130 miles from Ciampino.
I guess, AdamW, you have a prime seat from your residence in the City. Taking in lodgers?

Sponsored Links
Just read that Easyjet are going to take you to Bologna. Imagine going for a romantic weekend in London and then being dropped off somewhere near Middlesborough for an idea of distance....

Ooops, forgot I am listed as living in the Vatican! :LOL: I only did it cos I like the flag.

No, I don't live there unfortunately. Imagine how much money you could make if you did rent out the spare room, or even just letting people drink out of your tap.

Wonder if any DIYnot members are out there?

Min said:
One of Rome's airports is being closed to enforce the no fly zone over a funeral. easyJet and Ryan Air flights are being diverted to another airport 130 miles away. Buses are being laid on but passengers have to pay for them.

You Pays your money.............

Back