Worcester Boiler Shut Itself Down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a Worcester Bosch 350 Combi boiler which just seems to have shut itself down tonight as if it has no power at all. When I checked it the pressure was pretty low so I topped it up. I'm assuming it shut down due to low pressure but the boiler won't come back on now.

It's done this once before and then randomly come back to life. The guy that came out to fix it didn't have to do anything as it had sprung back into action by the time he got there.

Is there some kind of reset procedure I can follow or does it shut down for a set amount of time when the pressure drops too much? Or is it something else completely different!

Thanks for any help or advice

Fraser

Sponsored Links
Look in the service and installation manual, that should have all the details on how to reset, and when you really need a RGI.

If it's overheated then it's prob locked out, think there is a reset nipple/button on the top right, cant fully remember as havent been to one for a while.

Thanks for the advice - really appreciate it.

I've found the button on the top right but it doesn't really seem like a button. It doesn't press in etc

Here it is

Am I missing something simple? Have switched mains power on and off a couple of times but how do I use the reset button?

Sponsored Links
The 350 has a low water pressure swith which if fails shuts down clock, lights etc, I think this has gone on you. There are three wires to it which cant be linked out!

I've drained 350's down before with the juice left on and its blown this switch which is the part i have changed most commonly on your type of boiler!

It is an inexpensive part, price it at your local parts centre. It may be removed and cleaned, it could work, but i would roplace it as your boiler is anything from 10-19 years old.

If you change it take EXTREME care in putting the right wires to terminals, the new one will look different! 240v ac go to this switch!

swap the green and white wires and the boiler will run again until you get a new one. unless its pouring water all over itself.

Just a quick follow up to thank you again and to say the last couple of post were both exactly right.

boilerdoktor - The switch was at fault and once it got a good clean it was fine.

nickso - Bridging the green and white connections got it working without the switch which was a good test so thank you for that.

Thanks again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back